20

Luke walked with both his hands occupied as they were clasping onto his kids. Leon was on his left while Peach was on his right as they walked towards the preschool.

The toddlers we're excited to go back to the preschool after being away for three days, but as much as Luke wants to keep them away from this place, there were no better place he could send them to.

Both him and Ashton were working, just like their family and friends were. Either it was work or school, and that left Luke with the only choice of leaving his kids at the preschool for the day, even though he was absolutely against doing it.

Ashton thought it would be okay. He had set up a meeting with a few of the teachers so him and Luke could talk about the issues, and even though Luke had agreed to it, he didn't believe it would do any good.

He wanted to do something drastic, but Ashton had reminded him that they needed to talk and listen things through before using drastic measures.

Luke thought that his son getting seriously hurt was enough, but thanks to Ashton's calm words - and slightly more mature act - Luke had calmed down and agreed on it.

It was just for today anyway, since the meeting would be held after both him and Ashton had got out from work.

"Dad, look!" Leon said and brought Luke out of his thoughts.

"Hm? What, bud?" Luke asked and looked down at his son who was looking up at him with excited eyes.

"That's the tree I fell down from!" Leon said with an excited tone in his voice, making Luke frown.

The father turned his head and looked at the tree on the side of the preschool, and frowned even deeper when seeing that the branch that had fallen with Leon was still lying on the ground for any kid to get hurt on.

Luke clenched his jaw and nodded his head at his son before tugging his kids inside the preschool to avoid any other stuff that would tick him off.

As they entered the building, Luke sighed when seeing some of the parents still there saying goodbye to their kids. Luke secretly despised all the parents on this preschool, since they had always spoken badly about him behind his back.

He didn't understand it though. Just because he was young and still slightly immature didn't mean he was a bad father. He had actually grown to think he was a quite amazing one, so the words they spoke didn't set on him.

"Dad, I can't take off my shoes if you keep holding my hand" Peach spoke and Luke shook his head to get himself out of his thoughts once again before smiling down at Peach sweetly.

"Sorry, cutie" he said and released her hand so she could sit down and take off her shoes and jacket. He did the same thing with Leon, but the small boy was only fixated on his cast.

"Start taking off your shoes, bud. You'll be late if you don't" Luke spoke as he looked at the clock and tapped his foot against the floor in a stressed matter when seeing his work was starting very soon.

"He has two kids now? God, the youth these days never seem to use protection" one of the mothers said form further away and Luke already knew they were talking about him without checking.

He just rolled his eyes and ignored their looks as he crouched down and smiled at his two kids. "Have a nice day, okay? Don't let anyone bring you down, and be safe. Take care of each other and later me and dad will pick you up around 2:30, okay?"

The two toddlers nodded their heads before Luke leaned in and placed soft kisses on their foreheads. "Bye!" both of them said before running off further in the building.