19

"Leon, open the door. It's Ben" Luke called from his bedroom as he dressed himself in a warmer kind of sweatshirt.

He could hear Leon's small feet against the floor as the boy ran down the hallway. Peach light giggles were heard from the living room as she was seated with Michael, Calum and Ashton.

"Ben!" Leon said happily as he had opened the door and placed his eyes on his uncle.

"Hey buddy" Ben spoke and picked Leon up to hug him tightly. Luke came out from his bedroom and eyed his brother with his son, smiling small.

"Let me see that cool Iron Man-hand I've heard so much about" Ben said and Leon happily lifted his casted arm so his uncle could check it out.

Ever since Leon had gotten his arm castes in that red cast and had Michael drawing lines and yellow onto it, it had actually looked like Iron Man's, and the small boy was more than proud to show it up.

Leon had even told Luke that he was excited to go back to preschool and show it up, but Luke still had a hard time accepting Leon to ever go back to school again after what the teachers had done.

"Wow, that's awesome," Ben said in an impressed voice and widened his eyes as Leon smiled proudly, "Who drew that?"

"Michael did it before we ate breakfast" Leon said and smiled at Ben before turning his head and noticing his father further down the hallway.

Ben put Leon down on the ground again and watched him run back to the living room before walking over to his little brother and ruffled his hair. Much to Luke's dismay.

"How are you? Excited to look at some apartments?" Ben asked and Luke nodded his head while running his hand through his hair, trying to fix the mess his brother caused.

"Yeah," he mumbled and frowned when pulling the the ends of his hair, "You're looking very fancy for this. Didn't know this was so important to you"

Ben snorted and shook his hair, "This is not for you. I have a newly wedded couple later today, and they're loaded. Have to make myself look extra professional" Ben said and checked the jacket of his suit before looking back at Luke.

"Thought so," Luke mumbled and Ben chuckled, "The rest of the people are inside"

The two brothers stepped into the living room, making everyone lift their heads and smile at the oldest Hemmings.

Ben grinned and walked over to great Michael and Calum like if they were his own brothers - which they kind of were - before crouching down to exchange a few words with the Peach, laughing softly when she complimented his outfit.

"How's my future brother-in-law doing?" Ben asked as Ashton stood up from the couch to give him a hug. Ashton laughed fondly and patted Ben's back before pulling away and grinned.

"I'm doing really good. How's my future brother-in-law doing?" Ashton asked and Luke rolled his eyes at the content smirk on his older brother's face.

"You're putting so much pressure on Luke now" Calum laughed and Luke rolled his eyes from the doorway of the living room.

"Yeah, so we'll go apartment hunting first and then ring hunting?" Ben joked but the sweet and fond smile Ashton gave Luke made the blonde blush slightly.

Both boys hoped to one day buy those rings and to one day get engaged, but that day wasn't today. It was still too early in their relationship and there was still so much more to learn about each other.

Luke hoped that all those things would be taught when they moved in and lived with each other. Also, before anything could ever come close to marriage, their kids needed to feel like they were a real family and feel 100% comfortable with everything around them.

fatherhood // lashtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें