Chapter 1 - New Beginning

Caroline opened the door and came into her house. It was so silent and empty which made her even more sorrowful. She took her coat off and stopped staring at the living room where her mother used to spend majority of her "off-job" time. Caroline felt a twinge of sadness. She couldn't even cry , she thought that she had no more tears, but this pain was unbearable, and she knew what she wanted to do. She had been planning it for some time and was ready to finally turn off her humanity. She closed her eyes, but suddenly she heard knocking. It was Elena. Caroline slowly came to the door and let her friend in.

"How are you feeling, Caroline? I thought that maybe you would like to have someone to talk to." said Elena in a caring tone.

Caroline was actually upset that Elena came to visit her. She wanted to be alone. Caroline couldn't stand that everyone was trying to make her feel better. How were they suppoused to do it? She lost her mother. The only person reminding her of her humanity. That's right. Her mother was Caroline's humanity, and since she's gone there was no use to struggle with all the pain.

"I'm good, Elena." said Caroline. "Like I was good ten minutes ago." She added with a fake smile.

But she couldn't pretend in front of Elena. She knew her too good.

"Caroline..." started Elena slowly. "I know what you feel, I was through the same situation. Maybe even worse. I lost both of my parents. And I know that it hurts so much, and it will probably never stop hurting, but with time the pain will become more bearable. And I .."

"Oh cut it out, Elena." said angrily Caroline. "You weren't a vampire when your parents died in the car accident. And what did you do when Jeremy died? You turned it off. And I will do the same."

"Come on, Caroline..." Elena tried to ease the situation. "You will regret it. I know it better than anyone."

"But this pain ... I can't stand it. I still can sense her smell, her voice rings in my ears. When I look at this house..." she looked around the living room. "I feel like a part of me died with her." said Caroline, her voice was shaking. She sat down on the sofa and hid her face in her hands.

Elena sat down next to Caroline and hugged her.

"It will be ok. Just don't do this mistake. I beg you, Caroline." Elena tried to convince her friend.

"But it is not your choice to make." said Caroline coldly and snapped Elena's neck.

She stood up and looked at Elena's body lying on the floor. She grinned mischieviously, and she was gone ...

______________________________

Well, I know it is quite short, but I wanted to make the introduction as a separate chapter. The next chapter will be here soon. Give me some feedback guys, so that I can make some changes in my writing.