Chapter 4 - Goodbye

His grip on her neck loosened a bit. Caroline felt like he was analyzing every inch of her face. They were so close, she could feel his warm breath on her cheek, his blue eyes were so hypnotizing that it made her feel awkwardly calm. Caroline smiled mischievously.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me that they asked you for help. Pathetic." Caroline was apparently amused by this whole situation.

"You have been quite a troublemaker for a while, haven't you love?" Klaus smirked, but he kept his hand on her neck.

"So what's going to happen now? A big bad hybrid is going to make me feel anything by using his drawings and sweet talk? Boring." Caroline prolonged the last word on purpose.

"Ouch. I thought that you liked it, sweetheart." Klaus wasn't hurt at all, he knew that it wasn't going to end smoothly.

"Just do what they asked you to do and get your ass out of here. Looking at you makes me want to puke." Caroline was staring at Klaus mockingly, she started playing her game. A brief thought crossed her mind. Maybe she would kill two birds with one stone, she just needed to convince Klaus that she's better off without her humanity.

"Don't be so harsh, Caroline. I will make you turn it on willingly."

"Just compel her to do it." Elena interposed their conversation.

"I don't want to be rude, Elena. But you better shut your mouth. I will do it my way." Klaus said evidently irritated. "I think that the three of you should leave us alone. I believe that the witch can check up on Damon since she can enter Caroline's house freely."

Stefan nodded in agreement. He beckoned to Elena and Bonnie, and they left.

"Now, we are alone..." Caroline started seductively.

Klaus only smirked. He knew perfectly what she was trying to do. Caroline moved her head closer towards his so that her lips were just next to his ear, then she whispered temptingly.

"I'm sure you would prefer me now... I'm much more fun than before." Caroline licked his earlobe gently. It sent shivers down his spine, her every word was increasing his arousal. Her scent was driving him crazy, and her warm breath was making him crave for more. She started caressing his lips with her thumb, Caroline was looking straight into his eyes and smiled innocently.

"As much as I would love to tear your clothes off, I can't let myself do it because I know that after all you will regret it."

"Seriously, Klaus. Since when are you noble just like Elijah?" Caroline rolled her eyes. "And I thought that there's nothing more you want than me...."

"Your games won't work on me. Let's skip to the moment when you turn it on, shall we love?"

Caroline was annoyed, she knew that she had to try harder. With Klaus by her side she would be unstoppable.

"You know that I have been such a control freak, and now all I want to do is lose control. You should be happy that I chose you."

"I appreciate it, but ..." She didn't let him finish.

"There are no buts about it. You want me, don't you?" Caroline pressed her lips against his. Caroline's lips were warm and soft, Klaus felt his head spinning with growing arousal, he couldn't resist it, his tongue moved slowly inside her mouth to meet hers passionately. Suddenly, Caroline felt a dreadful pain in her chest, her eyes widened, she broke away from Klaus to see his hand plunged inside her body. Klaus could feel Caroline's heart beating fast in his grip.

"Now, love. Could you be so polite and turn it on before I rip your heart out of your chest?" Klaus tried to sound serious enough to make her do it, but inside he was afraid that she wouldn't forget him.