Chapter 10 - Delusion

Klaus looked questioningly at Elijah who nodded showing that they should listen to what Esther wanted to offer. "Leave her, Rebekah." The older brother ordered his sister who reluctantly did what she was asked to do.

"Thank you, Elijah. You've always been so..." Esther started, but her son quickly cut her off.

"Spare me this counterfeit courtesy, mother. Tell us what's your proposal, and we might kindly reconsider it." Elijah stated putting his right hand in a pocket of his suit trousers.

A slight smile crept on Esther's face. "I am sure you will accept my offer. Otherwise, I'll have to sacrifice the people you are deeply in love with."

Klaus clenched his fists and let a quiet growl escape his throat. Caroline quickly noticed that the hybrid was getting angry so she placed her hand on his shoulder. She wanted to calm him down; there was no point in fighting Esther at that time. "It's okay." She whispered soothingly causing him relax.

"As long as I love seeing you here, Mother, skip this theatrical introduction and tell us what do you want." Klaus said gesturing with his hands.

"Your hatred breaks my heart, Niklaus. I want to save you from being doomed for the rest of eternity." Esther countered and walked to the middle of the room. "If you willingly agree to let me cast the spell on you, I'll spare their lives." Esther continued pointing at Caroline and Katherine. "Of course, no harm will be done to that mortal boy as well."

The Originals looked at each other; confusion was written all over their faces. Rebekah felt that she was ready to sacrifice her immortality to save Matt. In fact, being mortal had always been her dream. She wanted to have a normal human life and her own children which was impossible because of the curse her mother had put on her centuries ago. Rebekah was about to agree to her mother's proposal when she heard Bonnie chanting some unknown words.

"What are you doing, Bonnie?" Caroline asked looking at her friend curiously, but the Bennett witch didn't answer, she kept chanting with her eyes closed.

"You should not help them. Spirits won't be happy." Esther said before she had disappeared.

Bonnie stopped chanting and slowly fluttered her eyes open. A forceful attack pinned her against the wall. "What did you do?! She's going to kill Matt!" Rebekah shouted in anger, but with one wave of her hand Bonnie sent the Original sister flying across the room.

"Don't do that ever again." The witch threatened confidently.

"Bonnie?" Caroline cautiously approached her friend.

"Do not agree to Esther's proposal under any circumstances." Bonnie started. "She needs all of you to sacrifice yourselves willingly. Without your permission, she can't cast the spell."

"How do you know that, Bon-Bon?" Katherine asked curiously.

"Spirits talk. Esther wants to kidnap Caroline and Katherine. She's convinced that you will agree to her offer to save their lives. And when you do, she'll sacrifice them in a ritual anyway. " Bonnie explained what Esther's plan really was.

"So how can we defeat her?" Caroline asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"We have to kill her." They heard Elijah's voice coming from the corner of the room.

Klaus was surprised that his older brother's suggestion was to murder their mother. It wasn't Elijah's usual way of solving problems.

"First, we have to outsmart her. She'll die eventually." Bonnie stated calmly.

"Any details?" Katherine asked straightening her legs.

"All in good time. I need to take care of you first. Esther can easily read your mind, and that's why I need to cast a spell blocking her powers. I need a few things, let's meet here in an hour." Bonnie said and walked up to the frame of the front door. "I suggest you not to split up." She added while leaving Caroline's house.