Chapter 9 - Reconciliation

Hi guys! Here's the next chapter, I hope you like it. Don't forget to comment and vote to show me that you like my story. Enjoy!

This song inspired me to write this chapter. Listen to this song while reading.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Klaus and Mikael sped to each other; they growled as their bodies clashed. Mikael punched Klaus in the face making him lose his balance. Just a few seconds later he was in front of Caroline and she flinched in fear. Mikael smiled mockingly before he grabbed her by her hair causing Caroline release a piercing scream.

"Let her go!" Klaus yelled and rushed towards Mikael. He lifted a piece of broken door and took a swipe at his father, but Mikael quickly turned making Klaus stab Caroline right in the stomach. Mikael banged her head against the wall and dropped her on the floor.

"Can't you see, you little bastard, you only hurt her?" Mikael's point was to enrage Klaus.

Klaus looked at Caroline lying on the floor. It was Mikael's fault, he wanted him dead, but before he killed him, he would torture his father and make him beg for death.

Caroline was gasping; she didn't want to be that useless girl who everyone else had to rescue. She licked the blood from the corner of her mouth; then she placed both her hands on the piece of wood stuck in her stomach. With one powerful tug she pulled it out of her body and drove it through Mikael's leg causing him to fall on his knees. Caroline stood up and brushed her hair away from her face.

"Don't you dare treat a lady like that." She said and kneed Mikael right in his face.

Klaus couldn't help a smile; he was more than proud seeing Caroline fighting like that. He flashed in front of her noticing that Mikael was going to attack again.

"Fight with me you coward!" Klaus shouted at his father.

"I would do that with a pleasure my son, but I need this girl." Mikael answered and rushed towards them. He grabbed Klaus by his neck and threw him across the living room. The hybrid quickly stood up and sped to his father. Klaus wrenched Mikael's arm behind his back yet his father was able to free himself and break Klaus' leg. The Original father laughed and used his knee to hit his son in the face. It was Caroline's turn to join the fight; she grabbed a chair and hit Mikael.

"That's all?" He laughed and picked up a piece of the chair. "You're his weakness, dear Caroline." He added and threw the wood towards her. It pierced Caroline's throat, and she fell on the ground gasping for air. Klaus flashed to her and kneeled down.

"It's okay, love." He calmed her down and pulled the wood out of her throat. As Caroline took a deep breath, Mikael appeared behind Klaus and snapped his neck.

"And now you'll go with me." He smiled mischievously.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Are you sure he was supposed to work this evening? As you can see he's not here." Katherine crossed her arms over her chest.

"Could you remind me why do we keep her alive, Elijah?" Rebekah turned to her brother and pointed at Katherine who rolled her eyes.

"I warn you, sister." Elijah stated calmly. "Shall we focus on finding Matt?"

"Can't you just call him?" Katherine shook her head in disbelief.

"Do you think I am dumb?" Rebekah answered, her eyes pierced Katherine.

"Well... You're blonde."