Chapter 5 - Nightmare

I was supposed to post it earlier, but I had a birthday and then my sister had a birthday too, so I didn't have enough time. Let me know if you like my story by leaving a comment.

Enjoy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bonnie and Damon went outside Caroline's house. A bright light hit Damon's eyes, he had to squint to see properly.

"Damon" Elena wrapped her arms around him. Damon stiffened, and she felt awkward. He released out of her embrace. This simple act hurt her so badly.

"I want to be alone now." Damon said coldly and was gone in a blink of an eye.

"Just give him more time. He can't be running from you forever." Bonnie tried to comfort Elena, but deep inside she felt happy. Happy? How could she be happy when her friend was so hurt and sad? She just wanted to run after him and make him feel better.

"I think Bonnie's right. We have to wait. It's not easy for any of us. I need a drink. " Stefan said and turned towards his car.

"Me too. Let's go to the Grill." Bonnie added and joined Stefan.

Elena followed them and got in the car. They were in the bar within ten minutes. Matt served them drinks.

"So how is Caroline?" Matt asked worryingly.

"She's with Klaus at Stefan's house." Elena answered and gulped down her drink. "I need one more."

Matt looked at her curiously but did as she asked him to. Stefan's phone buzzed, he pulled it out of his pocket.

"It's from Klaus." Stefan started. Elena and Bonnie's eyes focused on him. "He writes that he took care of everything. She won't remember anything including that she turned off her humanity. Caroline won't remember that he was there as well."

"Maybe that's even better." Bonnie stated. "You know Caroline... she wouldn't forgive herself doing all of this.."

Elena ordered another drink and lifted it up.

"For the happy ending!" She laughed being a bit drunk by now.

"I guess I have to take you home, Elena." Stefan said and stood up.

"Did you forget that I don't have a home? And your brother doesn't want to look at me."

"I guess he won't be home this night anyway." Stefan said and took Elena's arm. "Do you need a ride, Bonnie?"

"No, no. I want to stay here a bit longer. It's okay. Just take her home." Bonnie smiled at Stefan.

Indeed, she wanted to be alone, to have time for thinking about her feelings. Or maybe to get drunk and forget about everything going on around her.

Stefan and Elena left, Bonnie ordered another drink. She was about to finish it when she heard him behind her.

"I guess I should be the one who gets drunk, not you."

Bonnie turned around and saw Damon. He was smiling at her, she knew that he probably was hunting, but she couldn't blame him for it somehow.

"I'm not drunk, Damon." Bonnie said a little tipsy. She stood up and tried to prove him how wrong he was, but she felt dizzy and lost balance. Damon immediately grabbed her.

"I'll take you home." He said grinning.

"Maybe it's a good idea." Bonnie answered.

Damon lifted her up and left the Grill. When he got to his car, she was already asleep. He put her gently on the passenger seat. He started the engine up and headed to Bonnie's house. While driving he was looking at her smiling sincerely, she was so calm and quiet now. Usually, she was feisty and even arrogant towards him, but lately everything had changed. He didn't know his own feelings. All he knew was that he cared about her more than he cared about Elena. He parked his car on the driveway, got out of the car and went to the passenger seat to take her. Damon lifted her up and closed the door. He went to the porch, opened the front door, and suddenly he realized that he couldn't enter because Bonnie had never invited him in.