Chapter 2 - Showtime

Elena woke up and slowly opened her eyes. Her neck was aching like hell, last thing she remebered was that Caroline had snapped her neck. She rubbed it to ease the pain. Suddenly, she realized what had happend.

"Oh no no no... She couldn't...." thought Elena.

She pulled the cell phone out of her bag and called Damon.

"Hello pretty..." said Damon in a low tone.

"Damon, we have a serious problem.."

"What's going on?"

"Caroline snapped my neck, and now she's gone."

"Crap. She did it, didn't she?"

"I guess she did... we need to meet. I'm on my way to your house. Call the rest. Bye." said Elena and rushed out of Caroline's house.

___________________________________

"I didn't expect it to work so easily. There is no pain, and I don't care at all." thought Caroline smiling. "Now ... You! Come closer! I hope you are B positive, because it is my favorite one. Are you?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm A positive. What are you going to do with me?" said a nice looking young man.

Caroline chuckled and smiled widely. She was standing in front of the group consisting of young people.

"Well... you have disappointed me, so I have to kill you." said Caroline calmly as it was something usual.

Caroline came closer to the young man and looked deep in his eyes. She saw fear deep inside his mind. She grinned and snapped his neck without a blink. Caroline sighed.

"Now... there are only three of you left. So ... Maybe by a chance one of you is B positive?"

A redhead girl raised her hand. Caroline clapped her hands.

"Great! You stay with me. And you two...." she sped to them and looked deep in their eyes. "You have to take care of this dead dude. After that just forget about everything."

They took the body and left the place.

Caroline was left alone with her snack in a dark room. There was almost no light, and the smell of dampness was irritating her nostrils. She couldn't stay here any longer, so she started feeding on the girl untill she drunk the last drop of her blood. Caroline cleared the corners of her mouth and left the basement.

___________________________________

Elena literally ran into Salvatore's mansion. She sped to the living room, but no one was there.

"Damon! Stefan!" shouted she, but she heard no reply.

"Elena, are you ok?"

Elena knew that voice, she turned around and saw Damon. She sped into his arms, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Damon held her close. She could stay like this forever, but they had to do something with Caroline. She knew that her friend was not herself, and Elena didn't want anything more than to bring her back.

They heard someone walked into the room. It was Stefan. He looked concern.

"What's going on? Where's Caroline?" asked younger Salvatore brother.

"Stefan..." Elena didn't know where to start. She decided to make it clear. "She turned off her humanity, snapped my neck, and now she's gone."

The news really took him aback. Stefan couldn't believe that Caroline was able to do it. She was innocent and pure. He had to sit down.