Chapter 7 - Dot Dot Dot

Caroline twisted Katherine's arm, grabbed the back of her neck with her free hand and pinned Petrova against the wall.

"What are you doing here, Katherine?" Caroline hissed through gritted teeth.

"You've become stronger. Impressive." Katherine gasped. "Still not strong enough to take me down." Brunette used the back of her head to hit Caroline's face. Blonde loosened her grip, she began bleeding out of her nose and lost her balance.

"You broke my nose!" Caroline screamed angrily. Katherine sped to her and threw her across the room. Blonde quickly stood up and was ready to attack Katherine again when she spoke.

"Calm down, Caroline. We both know that I can easily kill you." Katherine neatened her hair. "I didn't come here to fight."

"So why are you here?" Caroline asked resentfully.

"Because of the Originals." Katherine walked up to the couch and sat down.

Caroline was staring at her, she didn't understand anything. Katherine rolled her eyes.

"Weren't you at least suspicious why Klaus decided to visit you completely out of the blue?" Petrova said confidently.

"How do you .." Caroline was surprised that Katherine knew that Klaus was supposed to come to Mystic Falls.

"I know more than you can imagine." Katherine said smiling. "Even about you.." She added meaning that she knew about Caroline turning off her humanity.

"Oh yeah." Caroline huffed being tired of Katherine's behavior. "What do you know about me that I don't know?" She asked actually being a bit curious.

"I believe that your hybrid-boyfriend will tell you everything." Katherine answered pulling a face to show her disgust.

"Tyler is not my boyfriend anymore." Caroline countered crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm not talking about this jerk." Katherine responded looking at her nails. "I meant an ORIGINAL hybrid." She added giggling.

Caroline blushed, she had to turn around so that Katherine couldn't see it. "He's not my boyfriend." She claimed cleaning the mess that her and Katherine had done.

"Never mind." Katherine obviously didn't want to know any details. "You're so impolite, Caroline. You didn't offer me anything to drink." She pretended to be aggrieved.

"Seriously Katherine. Stop your stupid games. Tell me why are you here or get out." Caroline demanded giving Katherine a fierce glare.

"Chiiiiill. You big baby. I'm here because your parents-in-law" Katherine couldn't resist a smile here. " are plotting against Mikaelsons. Basically it's the same old story. Mikaelsons are fighting each other." Brunette claimed and took a deep breath.

"What does it have to do with you and me?" In fact, Caroline had no idea why Katherine was here, and what she was talking about. "And who the heck are my parents-in-law? Stop it, like seriously." Caroline was annoyed with this whole situation.

"And I thought that you are smarter." Petrova gasped and stood up. She began looking at Caroline's photograph on the mantelpiece. "You were so sweet. I'm sorry for your loss." She added pointing a picture of Liz.

Much to her surprise, Caroline didn't feel pain when Katherine had mentioned her mother. She thought that maybe it was caused by the fact that she was grieving Liz for such a long time that she was finally over it. "Thank you." Caroline replied avoiding Katherine's gaze.

"So... How did you manage to deal with your mother's death? I heard that you two were pretty close lately." Katherine inquired, but obviously she knew how Caroline dealt with it.