Chapter 4 - Case 1 Begins

Haha I remember when I posted this chapter up on fanfic.net, my friend found out about this fanfiction and went SEARCHING for it online then read it. She now wants to watch the anime and we're discussing future plot lines..

To the guest on fanfic.net that was concerned, don't worry, I won't kill off any main characters - it's sadder to leave them alive and in constant anguish :)

To the other guest (God you guys really need to get names XD) - I have quite a few ideas of what I'm gonna do with the problem of her getting back to her body and leaving Naru behind - some will make you cry and others you would jump for joy :) not sure whether I'm a nice author yet...

I don't own ghost hunt :(

...

Later Friday Morning

...

After finally reaching the school, I collapse on the grounds, wheezing. We managed to get here fairly early actually, but I think Michiru and Keiko - Mai's so called 'friends' - enjoy watching me/Mai suffer from hypoxia and myalgia.

Basically, they made me run.

A lot.

So as I stood there - well, more like leaning whilst slowing crumbling to the ground - gasping for breath much like an unattractive whale I tell them to continue into school without me. Laughing at and mocking my unfitness - I swear to god I have never known such evil - they walk away after apologising, allowing me the time to catch my breath. As the oxygen creeped back into my lungs, I placed my hands on my knees and stood up - yes, somewhere along the way I had actually sat down my legs hurt so much.

Something moves in the corner of my eye and I whip my head around towards the old school house, however whatever it was has either gone or I just imagined it. Squinting, I see an oddly shaped shadow through the window of the door, so move closer and peer through the it, leaning on the doorframe.

Ah. It's a video camera.

I really want to get a closer look, but isn't Lin supposed to come any second and then be crushed by a bookcase because he pushed me - or Mai - out of the way?

Screw it. Curiosity is killing me.

Steadily, I open the door, wincing at the creaking of the wooden door. I decide to walk to the camera on the LEFT side, as if I remember correctly it was the right set of shelves that fell down and standing behind the camera - away from any bookshelves' path - I scrutinise the fancy piece of black machinery.

It's one thing seeing things in anime form but it 3D, well I don't think I've ever seen such a huge camera.

Hell, even those Asian chaps I've seen walking around London have smaller cameras than this.

I was about to press one of those big buttons on the top just to see what it did when a voice calls out,

"Who's there?"

Even though I was expecting it, I still jumped a little. I mean, his voice sounded a little louder than I expected. At least there were no bookshelves for me to bump into.

"Sorry," I relied "I was just looking at this fancy piece of equipment here."

He began to make his way towards me - and I have to say, what with his rather intimidating height it made me feel quite nervous.

Than was when I noticed one of the bookshelves teetering.

And then falling.

Without thinking, I lunged forward and pushed him away from the plummeting unit and we both crashed to floor with an almighty crack reverberating throughout the room as the shelf collided with the floor.