Chapter 6 - Case 1

Sup guys! Trying to get the story along, and keep it vaguely interesting at the same time - God now I know how story writers feel! Do you know how hard it is to think of an ending that will make people want to read more? DIFFICULT. Also, I now know a bunch of plots and ideas I'm gonna use in the future - can't wait use them!

I don't own ghost hunt :(

...

Later Friday Evening

...

"That's all for today. You can leave now."

I lean back on the chair I'm sitting on and stretch out my arms, yawning widely.

"Careful. Can't have you choking on flies before you recompensate me."

I shoot a dirty glare in his direction before standing up to make my way towards the door.

"Meet me here tomorrow, one pm." He said, his back turned as he rearranged some equipment.

"Aye aye, captain." I mumbled as I strode to the door, down a rather wooden, rickety staircase and out of the building. I was about to make my way home, as I had memorised the route last night when Michiru had walked with me, but a glaring light suddenly appeared to my left. Squinting I peered at the blurry figures behind the light.

"Mai? You were here with Kazuya until this late?"

Ah, it's Keiko, and presumably Michiru too.

"What were you doing?"

Yup there's Michiru.

"I'll tell you guys later can we sit down somewhere first?"

Grinning they agree and we begin to walk in the general direction on my - or Mai's - house until we find a metal bench, where we all sit down and I tell them about Naru being a 'Ghost Hunter' and the case, carefully leaving out all the information that I'm not technically supposed to know.

"Wait, so he's not and upperclassman?" Michiru exclaims in disbelief.

"Not only that but he owns his own company!?" Keiko adds, just as shocked.

"Maybe we should call him 'Mr Shibuya' instead of Kazuya," Michiru giggles and then Keiko and I join in too.

"Mai?" I stop laughing and look to see Kuroda walking towards us from the darkness. "Do you think that, maybe, you could introduce me to Kazu- Mr Shibuya?"

I really want to just say no but I still feel a little guilty for how rude I was to her earlier so I hesitate before picking a better way of phrasing my answer.

"I'm sorry Kuroda, but he's not looking for extra help right now, and besides, I think he knows what he's doing." I try to let her down gently - I can't really say yes, especially when I know she doesn't have any prominent spiritual powers and Naru would probably kill me.

"Well I'd certainly be more helpful than you!" She snapped, clenching her fists at her sides.

Yeah somehow, I doubt that.

Michiru and Keiko took this opportunity to stand up and urge me to leave and make our way home, leaving the teenage girl stood there, seething, with the wind as the only thing to cool her down as it whipped her two, black braids into a frenzy.

..

Saturday afternoon

...

Well Mai didn't have any bread. Or butter. Or milk. So my lunch consisted of one brown, mushy banana, five squidgy grapes and a glass of water.