Chapter 10 - Case 1

GUYS THERE IS THIS GIRL OUT THERE CALLED SOPHIE AND SHE IS FLIPPING FABULOUS OK BUT SHE'S MY BESTIE SO YOU LOOK AT HER YOU'RE DEAD

Dw, what's in the past is i the past :) it only hurts you if you let it x

Luv ya ^_−

I don't own ghost hunt T^T

...

Still Monday Afternoon

...

One second I was frozen.

The next my legs were taking me down hallways, down stairs, through classrooms, down paths, over grass and...

I stop.

In front of me, stands a towering stockpile of wooden wreckage with serrated glass segments scattered on the ground, smashed pieces of debris laying dead at my feet.

I take a step closer towards the precarious mass and I hear a sharp crack from underneath my shoe.

"Mai. Come away from there. It's dangerous."

I turn myself around, with a crunching sound every time I place my foot down, to see Naru, whose voice had taken me out of my small bubble of quiet.

"I thought you left..." I mumble. There's a wailing noise in the distance, I can't quite focus on it but it's getting louder...

Oh God. Sirens.

Ambulance.

Did someone call the hospital because of-

"Mai." Naru says firmly. "Don't stare off into space when I'm talking to you." He stares at me blank faced. "I said I saw a woman go into that building just before Lin and I left, so I came back."

Oh God.

"Did you see her come out?" I ask. I think my voice trembled slightly, but I'm really hoping he didn't notice.

He pauses momentarily.

"No."

A sob reaches my throat but I quickly put my hand on my mouth to stop it developing.

"I'm going to go back to class now." I say, ignoring how high pitched my voice is becoming, before hurriedly leaving the detritus behind.

"Mai," Naru grabs my arm.

Darkness.

The scenery around abruptly changes.

I can't see anything but I can feel. Agony.

I can't breathe.

I try to move my arms but it's slow, painful, and feels like I'm trying to push something out of the way. Something heavy tries to push my eyelids down so I attempt to open them wide, but all I achieve is receiving a stinging sensation, so I squeeze them shut.

That doesn't block out the the rest of the pain.

"Mai!"

I turn my head towards Naru, jerking my arm away and the vision fades.

Didn't this happen before?

"Mai, what's wrong?" He says, peering down at me. I shiver and rub my arms. I don't quite know whether is because I'm cold, or the memory of that.

"Nothing." I reply swiftly. "I need to go to class."

So I do.

I hurry back to the classroom before he says another word, where I grab my bag and make my way towards the door.