Chapter 11 - Filler 1

I don't own ghost hunt, but I do own me :)

Chapter 11

...

Wednesday Morning

6:04

...

Yesterday was pretty much like a normal school day. Well, what I assume to be a normal school day in Japan because my God are they different from England. Naru also did that phone-thing and called the school asking me if I wanted to work for him - which I said yes to, of course - after talking about my pay check. When I asked if I could have the money in cash, I could tell that he was frowning into the phone, despite his neutral tone.

What? Just because I've suddenly been magically transported to some mystical universe doesn't mean The Almighty has blessed me with the knowledge of Mai's credit card details.

I made the excuse that I need to go food shopping anyways so it would be easier for me that way - which I do need to do, unless I want to live on mushy fruit forever - and he seemed to consider that a logical idea, so he delivered the money yesterday evening to my house.

Don't ask me how he knew the address.

Because I don't know and besides, this is Naru we're talking about here. He also gave me generous pay, so I'm just gonna ignore it.

Which brings me to today.

Where I'm lying in bed, some creature clawing inside my lower abdomen intent on causing me intense grief and pain. A clear warning that my monthly round of suffering and torment is due tomorrow. Whoop di fricking doo.

When the pain subsides to a bearable amount, I drag myself out of bed and into Mai's bathroom, searching for any form of painkiller. I rummage through her mini cupboard above the sink and grab the only packet of tablet medicine I see, then read the contents.

Well, I would read it, if it wasn't all written in Japanese. Of course.

It's not like I can't read Japanese, though I can't really... I mean, I'm perfectly fine when it comes to hiragana. But this is just katakana and kanji, which just makes my brain go all fuzzy. My kanji knowledge is practically zilch and my katakana is actually alright, it just takes a while to process each symbol, but with me being in pain and all, it's not terribly easy to focus. I groan inwardly and squint at the largest writing on the cover, struggling to make sense of the unusual font.

"抗ヒスタミン剤"

Great. Any place in the world. Could've swapped bodies with anyone in the entire fudging world but I just had to arrive in Japan with all its symbols and squiggles laughing at me and dancing on my brain.

At least it wasn't bloody China or Korea. I would be so screwed.

Ok so back to the label.

I can instantly recognise that 'ス' is 'su', 'ミ' is 'mi' and 'ン' is 'n'. So I have _ _ su _ min _.

Wow. Useful. It's just like a flipping crossword puzzle.

I hate crosswords.

I stood there, hunched over the sink for a few moments when a knock on the door sounds, mimicking the thudding in my head. Ugh. Period pains and a headache. So not my day. I groan, again, gradually making my way towards the front door. I drag it open, my hand on the wall to my left for support.

"Morning Mai!"

What was the Japanese sound for groaning? Pretty sure they just said 'Uu'...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.