My Bite is Worse Than My Bark

Hey, welcome to chapter one! (: I've had this done a while, but I've waited a few months before uploading it. Please vote so I know if you like it.

------------------------------------------------

MY BITE IS WORSE THAN MY BARK

Chapter One

          “Hurry up! We’re going to be late!” Brent yelled at me through the wooden bathroom door. His voice was harsh and angry.

          “Shut up!” I replied.

          Brent and I were enemies. I hated him, and he hated me. However, we were almost always together. Our moms were best friends since they were born. They both met their mates, and settled down together. We’ve always lived in the same house as his family. It was just the way it was. It also helped that my father was Beta, and his father was Alpha. Confused? We’re werewolves.

          “God, you are such a freaking girl!” Brent yelled.

          “I am a girl! And I’m the only girl werewolf our age in our pack,” I yelled back, “But I STILL can kick your ass!” He just laughed in response. I stormed out, grabbing my bag, and went down the stairs. I said goodbye to my parents, and hopped in the passenger side of Brent’s truck. Even though I was almost seventeen, my parents refused to buy me a car.

          “God you took forever!” Brent complained, and I punched him, hard enough that I knew it hurt him. I had Alpha blood, because my ancestors had been the Alphas, but when my dad’s old pack, and our current pack merged, he became the Beta. Having Alpha blood meant that I was stronger, and could half-shift.

          “Fine, I’ll shut up,” he mumbled.

          “Much better, Paxton,” I replied, calling him by his last name. Brent drove me to school, and the day got better—I no longer had to deal him.

          I met up with my friends, Daylie, a cheery brunette with an attitude, Amara, a flirty somewhat snobby with blonde hair, and Hanna, the only sincere one. They didn’t know I was a werewolf, let alone that they existed.

          “HEADS UP, ANDI!” I heard Connor, another guy in my pack, yell. I reached my hand up, and caught a football, and quickly threw it back.

          “I still don’t get how you can just talk to them and act like one of the guys,” Daylie sighed.

          “I don’t either,” I agreed.

          “So you admit you think they’re hot?” Amara smirked.

          “Hot? Hell no, they’re gods!” I replied, “Abercrombie and Fitch model-hot-gods.”

          “Agreed,” Daylie, Amara, and Hanna all said at once.

***

          The rest of the school day was uneventful, and now I was sitting in Brent’s truck, waiting for him to come. He was over a half an hour late. I flipped through songs on my iPod, and read my book. I was used to this. Brent was a man-whore.

          He showed up finally, after another five minutes. He had a slight grin on his face.

          “Sorry, janitor’s closet called,” the grin on his face grew. I just flipped the page, ignoring him completely.

          “The way she screamed my name was a total turn on,” he tried again. I knew he wanted a reaction out of me. Usually I told him off for being late, but I just honestly don’t care anymore.

          “Her moan was so sexy.” I flip the page in my book again, and I see Brent grip the steering wheel so tight his knuckles turn white.

          “You know, if you keep on giving me the silent treatment, I’m going take it as you being jealous,” he smirked.

          “Did you ever consider maybe I just don’t care?” I rolled my eyes. A small growl escaped Brent’s lips, and I smirked, knowing I won. Once we were home, I finished my homework, and looked at the woods outside my window. My wolf yearned to go outside and run.

          I walked down the stairs, and saw my mom and Brent’s mom cooking in the kitchen.

          “Hey mom, I’m going for a run, okay?” I said.

          “Take Brent with you, there have been some rumors about a rogue pack that wants to attack, so stay hidden,” she said.

          “Mom, I can protect myself!”

          “Just take Brent, please?” she said in a tone that meant there was no arguing. I stormed up the stairs, and walked straight into Brent’s room. He was writing in some notebook, and jumped when I walked in.

          “I want to go for a run, and they won’t let me go alone because of some stupid rogue wolves!” I yelled.

          “Okay, so…?” he said.

          “Come with me,” I growled, and he shrugged.

          “Brent! Come on! It’s a full moon! Tell me your wolf isn’t aching to go outside?” I said.

          “Ugh, fine,” he grumbled. I smirked, knowing I had won. He followed me downstairs, and we walked to the middle of the woods. I stepped behind a tree and stripped, folding my clothes and putting them on a branch. I morphed into my sandy colored wolf, and ran, knowing that Brent’s large black wolf wasn’t far behind.

***

          “That was fun,” I said, and morphed back, getting dressed.

          “It was,” Brent agreed, and ran his hand through his short, dark hair. I found my hairband, and pulled my strawberry blonde hair back into a ponytail. We walked back to the house, and washed our hands before diner. We sat down, and that’s when the day changed from okay to horrible. You just know something’s wrong when the alpha says, “We need to talk.”