Chapter Two

Here's the second chapter, so the description doesn't spoil much.

-------------------

MY BITE IS WORSE THAN MY BARK

Chapter Two

          “We need to talk,” Alpha Paxton said. This can’t be good. Oh, no. It sounded bad.

          “There is a rogue pack, of about fifty bordering our territory. It’s been reported that they’re looking to combine with our pack. They’re the Moonshine Pack. We don’t want to alliance them because of the large number of enemies they have,” he said, and we all stayed silent, knowing there was more.

          “There’s only one way to combine packs, and that’s to mate someone in the other pack. He has a son, and we’re pretty sure he’s looking for a girl in our pack to make the alliance,” he said, and I gasped. I was the only teenage girl in our pack. The rest were all guys. I was going to have to be mated to someone I didn’t love, someone who wasn’t really my mate.

          “Don’t worry; they don’t know that you exist. But if they found out, we’d be in real trouble. You’re the only female werewolf that isn’t already mated, or too young to mate, and you have Alpha blood to boot. You’re going to have to stop showing off and act human.”

          “But that won’t explain why I smell like a werewolf!” I said.

          “We thought of that, and we only have one choice. You’re going to have to pretend to be dating Brent. Their son is going to your school, and as long as you act human, and pretend to date Brent, this should all sail over smoothly.”

          “WHAT?” I yelled, “I hate Brent! He hates me! Why him? Why can’t it be someone else?”

          “The decision is final,” Alpha Paxton said sternly.

          “Yes sir,” I said quietly.

          “Now, you two are to be on your best behavior. I want you to act so love struck that even I believe you are dating for real. Brent, no more whores in the Janitor’s closet,” his father said, and I tried not to laugh. Uh-oh! Daddy’s little boy had been caught!

          “Yes, sir,” we both agreed.

          “It’s only for a month. Because when Andrea turns seventeen, she’ll find her mate, and then we won’t have to worry about it because he can’t mate with someone who already has a mate,” Alpha Paxton said.

          “May I please be excused I’m not hungry,” I said, after ten minutes of scooting my food around with my fork.

          “Yes.”

          I walked up to my room, and flopped on my bed. My life as I knew it was over. A few silent tears fell down my face. I didn’t want to pretend date Brent! And if I screwed up, then I had to marry some jerk! I didn’t even want my mate when I turned seventeen!

          I wiped the tears from my face, and sighed. I got out a book and started reading. I loved to read; it was the only thing that allowed me to escape this world and go to another. I tried reading, but I couldn’t focus and ended up throwing the book at the wall, where it left a dent.

          “Andi, are you okay?” Brent asked, and walked into my room.

          “I’m fine,” I snapped.

          “Are you sure?” he asked.

          “Why do you care?” I yelled, and he left.

          I took a shower, and went to bed, knowing that when I woke up it was going to be hell.