Chapter Six

.....hi....... here's the next part.....

oh and the video to the side is the last part of that short sims 2 series, and the audio is disabled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six

          Dinner that night was awkward, to say the least. As soon as Brent had made sure I was fine, he went and told his father, to which Alpha Paxton made extra precautions—Brent was to not leave my side unless I was at home or using the restroom at school. Which was really stupid, because I was capable of doing things myself, it also kind of complicated our…relationship?

          Dinner was filled with silence—of the awkward variety. The only sound that filled the air was the occasional fork scraping the plate, or ‘please pass the rolls’. As soon as I was finished, I put my dishes in the sink and went up to my room.

          I got lost in a book, my secret escape—which I really needed right now.

          “Andi, are you sure you’re okay?” Brent’s voice said from the doorway.

          “Yeah, thanks, Brent,” I responded quietly, he just nodded and went off to his own room.

          Somewhere in the middle of middle of reading, I fell asleep. I awoke to the sound of my window opening, and Tyler walking through. He was dressed in all black, and I started to scream, but only got out a short, quiet yelp when he slammed a hand over my mouth.

          “Shut up, you ignorant little girl!” he hissed, and clawed at my skin, gripping my arm tightly and dragging me out the window, but before he escaped out the window, the pressure on my arm was removed. I looked up to see Brent, beating the crap out of Tyler, looking incredibly sexy in only his boxers. Wait. Brent and sexy do not belong in the same sentence! Why did I just think that?

          Brent threw Tyler out the window, and I watched as he fell the two stories to the ground.

          “Andi, are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Brent gushed out, and checked over me, and then wrapped me into a hug.

          “Yeah…I’m fine,” I sighed.

          “God I hate him!” Brent ran an angry hand through his hair, and I lay down on my bed, watching as he left, and something in my heart didn’t want me to see him go.

          “Wait! Brent,” I sighed, “D-don’t leave.”

          “I won’t,” he said, and lay beside me, and pulled me up against him, holding me in his arms, and for the first time in a while, I felt truly safe.

---

          I woke up, and Brent was no longer in my bed, all that suggest he was ever even there was the faint smell of his cologne. I sat up in bed, and tied my hair back in a ponytail.

          “Oh, you’re up,” Brent said from the doorway, “I was coming back, I just had to tell my dad…what happened,” he said.

          “Thanks, Brent…for…everything,” I said quietly.

          “I don’t mind,” Brent smiled.

          “BREAKFAST MEETING!” Alpha Paxton yelled down the hall, and I got out of bed, not even bothering to get dressed before I went downstairs. My strawberry-blonde hair was a messy, tangly ponytail, and I knew I looked like crap. Did I really care? No.

          I sat down at breakfast, and got some fresh cut fruit to go with my bagel and cream cheese.

          “You look gorgeous this morning, Andi,” Brent whispered softly into my ear and then kissed my cheek.

          “What happened last night just proves that they’re getting braver, and will stop at nothing. My beta and I have come to a conclusion that the only way to prevent further problems is for you two to go into hiding. We have a cabin in Alaska that is secluded, with nothing around it for miles. You and Brent are to stay there for two weeks, until your seventeenth birthday. Then, you will move back, and find your mate,” Alpha Paxton explained.

          Two weeks? Cabin? Alaska? Brent? Ohhh dear.