Chapter Eight

Wow, I have 250 fans, and I wanted to upload to say thanks, but I haven't had a chance! SO THANK YOU GUYS! (: Also, I'm going camping this weekend for my birthday so this will probably be the only upload this week...sorry...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

          Almost two weeks had passed, and we’d finally gotten used to the small cabin. I actually grew to like it. Three more days, and it was my birthday. Then I could go home. The only problem is that then I’d have to be mated…and honestly? I didn’t really want a mate…I…already…like someone else…namely, Brent.

          I don’t know how it happened, but I’d somehow…fallen for Brent. I’m not sure if it was the make-out in the woods or how he kept saving me when I was in trouble. Or maybe it was how he took care of me when I was crying. I don’t know how it happened, but it did, and I know it’s worthless, because as soon as this is all over, I have to go be with my mate.

          “Hey! Andi! Look what I found in a cabinet in the basement!” Brent said, holding up four bottles of vodka, and a few champagne bottles.

                                                             ---

          (POV OF BRENT)

          The next morning, I woke up, and my head pounded. What happened last night? I looked around the room, and I knew I was in my room, but Andi was sleeping beside me. Andi, the girl I’d had a crush on since I was nine. And here she was, lying beside me, half naked.

          All at once, last night’s events flooded me. The vodka, the champagne. We’d gotten drunk, and ended up playing a game of truth or dare, that ended when I dared her to kiss me. We’d then made it to my bedroom, but I refused to go the rest of the way with her. I couldn’t bring myself to steal her virginity when I’m not her mate.

          Mate. Today’s my seventeenth birthday, and tomorrow is Andi’s. Tomorrow, Andi finds her mate. I sighed, and looked down at the gorgeous sleeping girl beside me. She was so beautiful, and she didn’t even know. I got up, my head pounding, and swallowed down some Tylenol. I walked to the kitchen, not even bothering to get dressed.

          I started making some coffee and got out some eggs and bacon. I was frying my last egg and strip of bacon when Andi walked out, wearing only my t-shirt. She looked incredibly sexy, her reddish-blonde hair wavy and messed up, and my t-shirt barely covering mid-thigh.

          “Good morning,” I said. She ran a hand through her hair and poured herself some coffee. I tossed her the Tylenol bottle, which she caught.

          “Happy birthday,” she said.

          “Don’t remind me," I said, and she chuckled.

          “Here you go,” I smiled and handed her a plate of eggs and bacon. As I handed her the plate, her skin brushed against mine. Barely, but it did. And that’s all it took. I felt it, the spark.

          Andi, the girl I’d had a crush on since I was nine, the most beautiful girl in the world, my Andi, was my mate.