Chapter Nine

Here you guys go, sorry for the long wait. I've uploaded two new stories, MISTAKEN PROPOSAL and BACK DOWN SOUTH, I would love you for freaking ever and a day if you would please check them out. As for a sequel for this story that is slowly coming to an end, I have one started and planned, but I haven't written much of it. If I do decide to upload it, it may be a while...let me know what you think? Please vote and comment so I know you liked it.

ALSO I'M SORRY FOR THIS WIERD SPACING, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT IN WORD AND I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine

(POV OF ANDI)

          I took the plate from Brent, and my hand accidently skimmed his. For some reason, this little gesture caused his face to light up, and he smiled. I just sat down and started eating, not really taking the time to debate what his smile meant.

          “I would have gotten you something for your birthday, but you know, I’ve kind of been on lockdown for the past two weeks,” I joke.

          “It’s fine. I don’t expect you to get me anything,” he sits and smiles at me while he eats. God he’s awfully happy today. I finish eating, and go to take a shower, realizing just how awful I looked. I couldn’t find my clothes, so I ended up having to wear Brent’s shirt, and it was really short. My hair was in knots almost, so I just brushed it over to one side of my head.

          I got dressed, wearing a sweatshirt and some skinny jeans, along with my Ugg snow boots. It was absolutely freezing today in Alaska. I didn’t mind Alaska; it was gorgeous, with ample room to run. However, it was cold. And by cold, I mean beyond freezing.

          Things between Brent and I were…a bit awkward today. I wasn’t quite sure where we stood after last night. I mean…did he like me too? HE dared ME to kiss him, and it was even more electrifying than before. But he hadn’t mentioned it all day.

          I sat down on the couch, cuddled under a blanket, doing a crossword puzzle. Brent sat down, and pulled me into his lap, my back against the arm of the chair, and I was sitting on his lap.

          “What’s a five letter word for a type of boat?” I asked.

          “Canoe,” He responded, stroking my hair absentmindedly.

          “Oh my god, I love the maker of these!” I laughed.

          “Why?”

          “An eight-letter word for mythical creature that shape-shifts into a wolf,” I laugh, and Brent joins in. Obviously, werewolves aren’t mythical.

          “It’s like…blizzarding,” I say, looking out the window from my comfy seat.

          “Blizzarding?”

          “It’s snowing, and it’s like a blizzard,” I say, trying to explain my made-up word.

          “I see,” he laughed, “Are you cold? I’ll go turn up the heat so it’ll be warm when you go to bed.”

          “Yeah, thanks,” I said, and started to scoot off his lap so he could get up, but he kept his grip on me, carrying me to the thermostat.

          “I would have scooted over!” I laughed.

          “I know. I didn’t want you to,” he said, but I didn’t know what that was supposed to mean. I shrugged it off, and made Brent set me down so I could change and go to bed. I was super tired from yesterday.

          I slid in my frozen sheets, and reached to flick the side table lamp off, but the power went off, beating me to it. I heard Brent cuss, and I tried to fall asleep, but I quickly froze due to the oh-so-lovely blizzard.

          My teeth chattered, and no matter how many blankets I used, I was still freezing. I stood up, gathering my blankets, and walked down the hall to Brent’s room.

          “Brent?” I called to the closed door. He immediately opened the door, and let me come in.

          “You can sleep in here, it’s freezing,” he smiled, and helped me pile on the blankets. I laid beside him under the sheets, and I looked at his face. He had a large cut across his cheek.

          “I was shaving when the power went out,” he laughed, and I snugged in closer to him, enjoying the warmth. I quickly fell asleep, realizing that tomorrow would be my birthday.