Chapter Seven

Sorry for the delay in uploading...it's summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seven

          We’d just gotten settled in our tiny cabin, and I sighed. I hated the whole thing. The cabin didn’t even have a TV, or internet.

          “Brent,” I complained, “I’m SO bored.”

          “I know, you’ve said it over a hundred times,” he said, his voice just as bored as I felt.

          “Well, you’re next in line for Alpha, get me a TV,” I said.

          “I can’t. We’re miles from civilization, remember?” he hissed.

          “But I’m so bored!”

          “If you say that ONE more time, I’m going to kill you!” Brent yelled.

          “BUT-,” I start, but before I can get the next word out of my mouth, Brent’s already slammed the door to his room. I’m left feeling lonely and empty…weird.

          I fall asleep on the couch, too bored to even move.

          (dream)

          I’m running, as fast as I can through a forest. I hear him behind me, and I’m screaming. I trip over a branch, and fall on my face. He tackles me, and I scream. He’s going to get me. He’s going to rape me. Tyler. His face is distorted and evil, but still recognizable.

          “ANDI!” a voice yells. I only scream in response. It’s all I can do anymore.

          “ANDREA!” the voice yells again.

          “ANDI WAKE UP!”

          I sit up, and realize it was all a dream, and Brent is standing by the couch, looking worried.

          “God, Andrea! You scared the shit out of me! I thought something was wrong!” Brent yells.

          By now, the tears are falling down my face, and Brent’s expression softens.

          “It was about Tyler, wasn’t it?” his voice was calm, and all I could do was nod. In all my years living with Brent, he’d never seen me cry—I just didn’t cry. Yet here I was, bawling my eyes out.

          Brent sat beside me on the couch, and pulled me into his lap, letting me cry into his shoulder. He played with my hair softly, smoothing it down to calm me.

          “I-it was so r-real,” I sobbed.

          “Shh, it’s okay,” Brent said, and hugged me tighter.

          “He-he-he was going t-to--,” I couldn’t even finish my sentence.

          “He can’t get you here,” Brent said softly, “He has to get through me first, and I’m not going to let that happen.”

          “B-Brent,” I sobbed, “He-he-.” I stopped, and slowly, my sobbing ended. I pulled away from his embrace, and rubbed the excess tears from my eyes. I looked at Brent’s tear-stained shirt, and laughed.

          “I’m sorry.”

          “It’s fine, Andi,” Brent said, and gave me one of his bear hugs. I loved his bear hugs, not that I’d even admit it. He rarely gave them, though, he just wasn’t a hugging person.

          “At first I thought you were mad at me,” he chuckled.

          “I’m not,” I said, confused.

          “I’m sorry I yelled,” he replied.

          “It’s okay, I was being excessively annoying, I know,” I laughed.