Chapter Ten

Sorry for the long wait....sorry it's short too....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten

          I lay awake in Brent’s bed, realizing it was my birthday. I get to go home tomorrow, and find my mate. My eyes were still closed, and I made no move to move. I felt Brent roll over to face me, and he kissed my cheek.

          That was all it took. It was then when I realized, Brent was my mate. How had I not seen it earlier?

          I opened my eyes, and Brent’s brown eyes went wide, like a deer caught in the headlights. His cheeks went red, and I laughed softly.

          “It’s okay,” I whisper, and kiss him, on the lips.

          His lips immediately responded, and it was like fireworks going off, sending tingles throughout my body as our lips moved in sync. They say a mate’s first kiss is always magical, and hell, it isn’t a lie.

          “Mm, happy birthday, babe,” he smiled.

          “Babe?” I asked, I hated when guys called girls ‘babe’.

          “You don’t like ‘babe?’”

          “No, I-.”

          “Babe it is then,” he smirked, and kissed me again.

          “God, you are so annoying,” I mumbled.

          “Yeah, but you love me,” he said smugly.

          “I don’t, actually,” I said, snottily, and his face dropped.

          “I was just joking. Don’t be mad. I’m sorry,” he begged, and I cracked up.

          “Whipped!” I said, laughing.

          “Definitely,” he kissed me, and sat up.

          “What do you want for breakfast?” he asked.

          “Surprise me,” I smiled, and he got up to go cook. I sat up, and took a shower, glad the power was back on. I got dressed and walked out into the kitchen, seeing that the snow was piled up a good three feet deep.

          “It’s weird, isn’t it?” Brent said, wrapping his arms around me.

          “What is?”

          “The fact that we had to fake-date, and now we’re mates,” he murmured, and I smiled, realizing the irony. Brent walked back into the kitchen, to finish cooking, and I followed, sitting at the table. He handed me a plate, full of French toast. I started eating, and Brent chuckled.

          “What?” I asked.

          “You’re just so perfect,” he laughed.

          “Why, cause I eat a lot?” I laughed.

          “No, because you’re not scared of eating in front of me, every girl that I’ve ever dated won’t even eat the lemon out of their water,” he smiles.

          “Well, what would be the point of that? You’ve already seen me eat; besides, you’re stuck with me no matter what.”

          “I’m glad,” he smiled.

          “You are too adorable,” I laughed, “So how long do we have to stay now because of the snow?”

          “As soon as it melts, we’re out of here, and then we won’t have to worry about Tyler,” he smiled, and kisses me lightly on the lips.

          “Technically, I haven’t been marked yet,” I say suggestively.

          “But we have to be…y’know…,” he trails off.

          “I know,” I smile, and immediately he crashes his lips on mine, picking me up.