Chapter Thirteen

Sorry for the long wait, and thanks for your patience! I am now officially a FRESHMAN in HIGH SCHOOL! (: thanks for the 300+ fans, and I wanted to upload as soon as I saw, but I wasn't able to. Thank you for being patient! This is the LAST CHAPTER, with the exception of a epilogue, and what are your opinions on a sequel?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen

          “I love you, Andi. And I promise, that I’ll make it through and come back, but I have one question first, and I know it’s early, but it’s not like I can live without you,” he smiled, got down on one knee and pulled out a black velvet box.

          “Will you marry me?” he asked, and I nodded, tears in my eyes. He smiled, and put the ring on my finger, and kissed me. The tears were rolling down my face now.

          “What’s wrong? Andi?” Brent asked.

          “I’m fine,” I lied, “These are happy tears.” They were happy tears, but I wasn’t really fine.

          “I-I have this for you,” I handed him a folded up piece of paper, “But you have to promise not to open it until right before you attack.”

          “I promise, Andi,” he kisses me, “I love you.”

          “BRENT! LET’S GO!” His dad ordered.

          Brent’s lips slammed on mine, and he kissed me. It was a heart-stopping, makes-you-go-weak-in-the-knees kind of kiss.

          I watched him leave, carrying my secret on a folded piece of paper. It only contained two words; one a conjunction, and the other an adjective. I stayed at home, and the house filled with the other women in the pack. We weren’t allowed to fight—it was an old law. Instead, we stayed at home, with gut wrenching worry. We cooked, and made a huge supper for them when they came back. It helped to hide the pain, but we all knew that we were worrying about them deep inside.

          “Hey,” I said quietly to Hanna.

          “Hi.”

          “This is weird to you, isn’t it?” I asked.

          “A little, but…I understand,” she smiled sadly.

---

          It had been six hours since they left. That’s over three hundred and sixty minutes spent worrying. We sat, in agonizing silence. We’d tried playing cards and we’d made over ten pies…and that’s only counting the apple ones.

          “They’re back!” someone yelled, and we ran outside, filling the backyard as we watched our mates approach.

          Brent came running towards me, and tackled me in a hug, and kissed me.

          “Is it true?” Brent smiled, holding up the paper. It read: I’m pregnant. I nodded.

          “That’s fantastic!” Brent smiled, picking me up as he hugged me.

          “I’m going to be a dad! We’re having a baby!” he continued to cheer.

          “You’re happy?” I say, confused.

          “Why wouldn’t I be? I’m engaged to the most perfect girl in the entire world, we’re going to have a baby, and we just whipped the Moonshine Pack’s asses! This is the best day of my life!” he smiled and kissed me.