Chapter 3: A Change of Plans

Chapter Song: Change of Plans by Bencoolen

I woke up that morning and hopped into the shower. I got out and put on some grey sweats, a white tank top and a pair of flip flops. I put on some mascara and eyeliner, but not too much. Brooke and I were going apartment hunting for the day.

Brooke walked out of the room wearing a cute tank top and black shorts. Her eyes looked bigger with the eyeliner and mascara she had on. She was truly gorgeous. Standing beside her, I felt a bit insecure.

"Let's go to Starbucks and grab a coffee and muffin," Brooke suggested with a smile.

"Alright," I said grabbing my phone from the Hotel table and shoved it my pocket along with a wad of cash.

We walked out the Hoyle room and went down the elevator. We waited for our taxi that we called this morning while we got dressed. It arrived shortly after and we hopped in.

"To the nearest Starbucks please. And I'll pay you another 5 bucks if you wait outside for us." Brooke said with a flirty smile, batting her eyelashes at the driver.

"Fine. But make it quick. Ain't nobody got time for dat!" The driver said as he sped off and away from the hotel.

I stifled a laugh but failed once Brooke burst out laughing. I like this guy already!

"Thanks. We're just gonna grab a coffee and we'll be back," I told the driver, making my way out of the vehicle.

We walked up to the cold marble counter and ordered our breakfast.

"I'll have a Carmel Frapiccino and a banana muffin." I said to the small girl behind the desk, probably 16 years old.

"Alright. And for you?" She asked Brooke who was busy checking out the guy sitting at the table at the end of the café.

"Oh, um... I'll just have the same thing that she'a having."

"And a big slice of that," she muttered to herself, staring back at the guy at the table.

I giggled at her cheeky remark before dragging her to the waiting counter after paying for our coffee and muffins.

We grabbed the brown bags with our breakfast and made our way back out the shop and into the taxi.

So, did you guys get me a little something?" Said the driver as he turned around eyeing our muffins.

"Shut up and drive." Brooke playfully said, riling her eyes.

"Alright, alright! Cool it rihanna!" He said as he started up the car. "So. Where to next?.

I laughed at his comment.

"The end of 24th street and the beginning of Carson street" (I just made this up :P) I told him, taking a big bite into my yummy banana muffin.

Within the next 10 minutes, the car came to a stop and stopped by a pretty beige building. This was the first apartment we were checking out.

"Another 5 bucks and i'll wait for you."

"Ok. We won't be more than 20 minutes 25 minutes tops," I said giving him the $5.

We made our way up the elevator to the 4th floor with the manager of the apartment. When we walked into the flat, my eyes widened. It was beautiful. The kitchen was built into the living room, the only thing separating the was a breakfast/ bar counter thingy. The kitchen wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small. The living room was quite spacious. You could probably fit a long couch, a love chair and two smaller couches fit for one person. We walked down a vast hallway that led to a guest bathroom first door on the right, and three huge rooms with bathrooms and walk- in closets. One on the right side after the guest bathroom, one on the left side across from the first bedroom, and the last was at the end of the hall on the right. The bedrooms were all the same size. Big enough for a king size bed. Even with the beds in the room, it would still have a whole lot more space in it. I was really liking this place, and by the looks Brooke was giving me, I could tell she liked it too! But we wanted to check out some more flats before we made our decision.