Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It was 6:30 in the morning and I was cozy in bed, all wrapped up like a burrito in my blankets when I heard the doorbell ring. I waited a few seconds to hear if Brooke's bedroom door opened, indicating she would get the door, but it didn't.

"Urghh," I groaned, daring to rip the warm blankets off my body.

I shivered as the cold air hit my warm skin like a thousand nails. I slipped my feet into my fluffy frog slippers and wrapped my robe around my body to keep the warmth as I made my way out my room and to the front door.

I unlocked the door and opened it to see a bouquet of red and white roses sitting on the floor in a brown basket.

"Wha--," I picked up the basket, confused, and went back into the apartment, locking the door behind me.

I walked to the kitchen island and set the flowers down. I began gently brushing through the flowers looking to see if there was a card. I found a little white card with gold designs on it and picked it out of the flowers.

Roses are red

And some are white

Will you let me

Take you out tonight?

I giggled at the cheesy-ness of the note. At that very moment, my phone buzzed in the pocket of my robe, indicating I got a message. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

Hunter: good morning beautiful I'll pick you up at 6:00. Wear something nice;)))

Me: okay... where are we going?!

Hunter: it's a surprise

Well, I guess this means I'm going shopping!

I skipped to my bedroom and threw my robe off happily. I ripped my pajamas off and threw on a pair of black shorts and a dark blue blouse.

I stand by the sidewalk waiting for the über driver. When they pull up to the apartment front, I get into the back.

"Do you have an aux cord," I ask, once I get settled into the back and we're off.

"Nah, sorry. I've been meaning to get one, but I haven't had time," the young man in the driver's seat says looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"It's ok," I say, looking back at him and pursing my lips into a kind smile.

10 minutes passed before we pulled up to the mall. The young man pulled into the parking lot and parked the Mercedes-G-Class ever so intricately between a Tahoe and Hummer. Well, if that wasn't bad luck, I don't have the slightest idea what is.

I inched the car door open, fearful that it would brush against the Hummer to my right. I finally got out of the car (with great difficulty) and made my way to the front rear or the young man's car.

I tilted my head down slightly, "Thanks for the ride."

He gave a small smile and winked friendlily, "No problem."

We parted ways and I found my way to the entrance of the mall and pushed through the glass doors.

My nose was assaulted by the scent of soft pretzels and popcorn. I scanned my eyes around until the fell on the shop I was looking for: Zara. I won't lie, pretty much my entire wardrobe consists of clothes from Zara. What can I say, I'm a bit obsessed.

I skimmed through the racks of maxi dresses, but decided on wearing something shorter.

I zig-zagged between the racks and cubbies of clothes before making a halt in front of the rack of mini dresses. Shuffling through the various grey, brown, and white dresses unfazed, my eyes locked onto a little black dress. The chest was white and the rest of the dress was black. It stopped mid-thigh and the neck was slightly a halter shape. I grabbed the dress and slid into a dressing room. I shimmied into the dress, zipped it up, and stood in front of the mirror.

 I shimmied into the dress, zipped it up, and stood in front of the mirror

The dress hugged my hips perfectly and was the bottom stayed flowy. So I only tried this one dress on, but I'm 98% sure this is the one.

I took the dress of delicately and put my clothes back on.

After paying for the dress, I went to Topshop for a pair of black heels with fluffy feathers on the front. (A/N I also put a picture of the shoes, just for kicks... haha see what I did there? No? Ok nvm)

By now it was 4:30 and I was beginning to panic because I didn't have a ride back home and it was prime traffic time.

I was running past people window shopping until I made it to and exit. Hailing a taxi like a mad woman, I waited for the car to stop in front of me. I swung the door open and shoved my bags onto the seat, then maneuvered my way into the car as well. I told the driver my address and waited as he drove, or at least tried to drive through this damned LA traffic.

By the time he pulled up in front of my apartment building, it was 5:00. I handed the man the money and grabbed my shopping bags and ran into the building.

Brooke was sitting at the dining table with her laptop and reading glasses on the brim of her nose when I dashed into the apartment, slamming the door behind me.

She looked at me incredulously, "And just where have you been, young lady?"

"I'll explain while you do my make-up," I said, breathlessly, walking past her and into my room.

After 20 minutes of Brooke putting a light smokey-eye, a thin layer of eyeliner, and red lipstick on me and me explaining this morning, I slipped the dress and shoes on and stood in front of her.

I held my hands out beside my hips, "So? Do I look alright?"

Brooke's mouth dropped and her eyes went wide, "Alright?! You look hot as freckle!"

I laughed at her response and checked my face one last time in the mirror.

Just as I was about the thank her, the doorbell rang. My stomach exploded with butterflies and my palms began to sweat with nervousness.

"He is right on time," Brooke smiled, looking down at her watch.

I walked to the front door, straitened my dress, and gently opened the door, revealing Hunter. He was wearing a tuxedo and his hair was gelled, but still a bit shaggy. Hot damn, does this boy look good or what!

"Hey, beautiful," he said, giving me a cute side-smirk. He extended his arm for me to wrap mine around and I did so.

I looked up at him, then down to his lips, then back up, "Hey, handsome."