Chapter 10

My back was pressed up to the wall of the guest bedroom, the cupboard handle digging into my back. His sturdy, calloused fingers inched their way back onto my chin, roughly pulling my face up so we were looking at each other. My head his the cupboard leaving a pain reverberating throughout my skull.

"You're mine," he said, his eyes piercing through mine, "say it," he whisper-shouted.

I was silent; in too much shock to process the words.

"Say it, bitch," he said raising his voice, a look of craze in his eyes.

"I'm yours," I said quietly, a tear forming in the corners of my eyes.

He towered over me, making me feel small and defenseless. He had so much power over me and I could do absolutely nothing about it and it killed me inside. 

He smiled down at me, brushing his hand across my cheek. I felt water on my cheek where he had skimmed his hand. He lifted his rough hand making me flinch in fear.

He lifted his hand to his face, examining the liquid on it.

"Don't be scared, babe," he said, sounding concerned. His eyebrows furrowed with confusion, "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not a monster, sweetheart. Don't cry, please," he said, gently pulling my weak body into his arms. I instinctively wrapped my arms around him.

"I would never hurt you, I just needed you to know that you're mine and not anyone else's. It pains me seeing you being around other guys. I'll never do this again, I promise," he said genuinely.

For some reason I believed him. He's just a sensitive and possessive guy, I told myself reassuringly. Anything that would help me put this behind us.

"Are you afraid of me," he asked nervously, furrowing his eyebrows.

It took me a moment before I could push words out of my mouth.

"No," I said as reassuringly as possible. My voice came out more muffled and quiet than I had expected. I gave him another reassuring smile just to let him know everything would be alright.

"Good." he said, taking my hand in his, opening the door to the guest room, switching the lights off, then pulling us both out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The night went on and no one noticed how uncomfortable I was. Hunter had me pulled onto his side practically on his lap uncomfortably close. His arm was wrapped around me and his fingers brushed up and down my arm. Everyone was intently watching The Help on the wide screen TV, scattered around the couches while Owen was left to lay stomach down on the floor, hugging a pillow under his chest because of the lack of room on the sofas. 

Every once in  while, a tear dribbled down the side of my face, but I was thankful that this was a sad movie and it would just look like I was getting emotional at the scenes that tugged at everyone's heart. 

After what felt like forever, the movie finally ended and it was time for everyone to go home. I grabbed Brooke's hand and held it for dear life. She looked at me confused, but I gave her the best smile I could muster up. 

"Well," Brooke said before letting out a long yawn, "Ellie and I are going." 

"Okay. Night, babe," Marc said, pecking Brooke on the forehead. 

"Goodnight, Hunter," I said, gingerly giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

Before I could turn toward the door where Brooke was standing, Hunter grabbed my arm and pulled me back into his chest. My heart began racing and was banging viciously against my rib cage. 

"I love you."

It caught me off guard completely and I was left in a state of shock for a few seconds before I composed myself and gave him the best smile I could get out. 

"I love you too," I said as genuinely as possible. Or maybe I love you not hurting me. 

I turned to Brooke where she stood in the open doorway of the boys' flat minus Hunter. 

What have I gotten myself into, I thought to myself. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know this was short, but I updated it four days late and I just wanted to give you guys something, but I hope you like it nonetheless. I understand this content may be difficult for some readers to handle, but you are welcome to leave at any time. This story, I hope, is a way of informing people that love relationships aren't always shortcakes and lavender. This is the type of stuff that is going on in the real world. I too enjoy reading fictitious writings, but I feel it is important to put a light on terrible things that are happening alongside all the lovely things going on as well.