Chapter 3

Mark woke before Amy. He looked at her and smiled, he started to reach over and move a strand of hair out of her face but she started to stir. He quickly put his hand down but continued to smile at her. He checked the time. 4:20 P.M. "420 BLAZE IT!" Mark whisper-yelled at Amy. "MLG NO SCOPE!" She said back, they both burst into laughter as the pilot announced the plane would be landing in a few minutes. Mark and Amy buckled up, laughing to themselves and joking back and forth. The plane landed and they grabbed their things and exited the plane. They looked around for Marks friends but didn't see them anywhere. Mark eventually called a cab and they went to their hotel.

Mark and Amy walked up to the front desk and rang the little bell. A woman walked out wearing a black and white uniform with her hair pulled back into a sock bun. "How can I help you?" She asked, Amy glanced at her name tag, it read Lucy. "Yes, ma'am. We're here to check into our hotel rooms-" Amy was cut off by Mark, "Oh, I got one room I figured since it had two beds we could just share a room..." Mark said nervously. "Oh, yeah, that's fine." Amy said looking away as she felt the heat rising in her cheeks. 'She's so cute.' Mark thought to himself as he took the key from Lucy. "3rd floor, room 313." Lucy said with a smile. Mark and Amy walked over to the elevator and pushed the third floor button. "Amy, can I ask you something?" Mark asked. "Sure, what is it?" Amy questioned. "Well, I was wondering if, maybe, you'd want to grab a bite?" Mark said. "Yeah, I'd love to!" She answered excitedly, whilst trying to hide her excitement. Mark chuckled, "You're too cute." Mark said, quickly covering his mouth and turning a deep scarlet. Amy blushed and avoided his eyes. "I-I-I'm so sorry." Mark said trying to make the moment less awkward. "I-it's okay Mark." She said finally looking at him. The elevator doors parted and they both quickly walked to their room.

Mark unlocked the door, they chose their beds and both got prepared to go out to eat. "Going to change in the bathroom." Amy told Mark. "Okay, better dress up, I'm taking you somewhere nice." Mark replied. Amy put on her favorite dress, she'd packed it just in case, it's a dark red dress with black lace over it. She slipped on her black flats, curled her hair and put on some mascara and red lipstick. Mark changed into his lucky flannel and wore his nicest shoes and jeans. As Mark started to tie his shoes Amy stepped out of the bathroom, Mark glanced at her, looked down at his shoe and shot his eyes back over at Amy. "Wow." Mark said breathlessly, Amy blushed a light shade of pink and strutted over to Mark pointing at his shoe. "Are you gonna stare at me or tie your shoe?" Amy said with a smirk. "I can do both." Mark said with a smile. "That's a challenge." Amy said, crossing her arms and raising a brow at him. "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" He yelled staring into Amy's eyes. He tied his shoe, sloppily, but it was tied. "I'm impressed, Fischbach." Amy said, clapping as she giggled. Mark put his arm towards her and she happily hooked her own arm with his. Mark grabbed his coat and they head out to a nice Italian restaurant down the street. 

They walked in and a man led them to a table, Mark pulled a chair out and Amy took her seat and Mark gently pushed her in. He walked around the table and took his seat. Mark glanced at Amy, who was reading the menu. 'The candlelight makes her eyes sparkle... She's so beautiful.' Mark thought, a smile jerking at the corners of his lips. "What?" Amy asked, she'd noticed he was staring. "Oh, I, uh-" Mark started but couldn't get words out. "What can I get you to drink?" A waiter asked, smiling at Amy, letting his eyes wonder a little too low. "Uhm, I'll have a glass of tea." She said, pretending she hadn't noticed his wandering eyes. "And you?" He asked Mark, glaring at him with a smile. "I'll just have what she's having." Mark said smiling at Amy. The waiter turned on his heel and disappeared into the kitchen. "Did you see what he was doing?!" Amy whisper-yelled at Mark. "I saw, I'll handle it." Mark said as he stood up, looked at Amy, smiled and walked over to the kitchen. 'I hope he doesn't make a big scene...' Amy thought to herself.

Mark stomped into the kitchen, took the waiter to the pantry and shut the door behind them he pinned the waiter against the back wall. "You might oughta keep your eyes in your head bud." Mark said, glaring at the waiter.