Chapter Three

Hatchett was leaning against his bike and smoking a cigarette outside of the garage. He didn't smoke much, he hated that he did, but every now and then he'd get agitated enough to want one.

He tossed the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it when he saw Jaylen come out and lock up. He walked over to her and she jumped when she turned and saw him, placing a hand on her chest and closing her eyes.

"Damn it, Hatchett!" She huffed, opening her eyes. "Could you make your footsteps noticeable please? You're going to give me a heart attack!"

He grabbed her arm, "C'mon."

"Where are we going?" She crossed her arms once they reached his bike.

"Dinner. Now get on." He could see she was about to say something, so he covered her mouth with his hand. "I'm taking you to dinner and you're gonna like it. Get on."

"Is this your way of asking me out on a date?" She winked before climbing on.

He shook his head and passed her the helmet. As soon as she had it on and her arms around him, Hatchett hit the road. He held one hand over hers where they wrapped around his waist, and headed into town, pulling into a mom and pop diner.

"Wow. You sure know how to charm a woman," she said walking in.

His eyes instantly fall on her ass. It wasn't huge or anything, but big enough to give her curves. Jaylen was a small woman--she definitely needed a steak or two--but she was still sexy as hell.

He sat across from her in the booth, she didn't bother to look at him, going straight for the menu. The way she sat and had her arms made her tits pop out--just enough for a handful, not too much.

Stop looking at her tits, dumbass, he thought. He shook his head and picked up the menu, staring at the words but not reading them.

"Hey, Hatchett!" The waitress, a little blonde woman, said. "What can I get y'all to drink?"

"Hey, Stacy. I'll have a coke, Jay-?"

"Just a water is fine." She put the menu down and tucked her hands between her legs. "Think I can order now?"

"Sure thing, sweetie, what can I get for you?"

Jaylen ordered her food, a little more than he'd imagine a small thing like her could finish, and he ordered his usual. Stacy gave a big grin and practically hopped toward the kitchen. Jaylen was giving him a look he couldn't quite make out.

"What?" He asked.

"I don't see why I'm surprised you know her." She snapped.

"I'm a regular. Why? Jealous?"

She scoffed. "No way. Why would I wanna be used for sex, just to be kept around and hopelessly watch and wait to be the next pick for a romp in the sheets?"

Her words put him off and he closed his mouth. Surprisingly, that kind of stung. He was used to people looking down on their way of living--sex every day, whenever, whoever, however, how many--he just brushed it off. But with Jaylen talking about it, it kind of many him feel dirty. He didn't like that too much.

He looked up and saw her fanning herself. "Why the hell would you wear a long-sleeved shirt?"

Jaylen's head snapped up, her eyes wide and fearful. She started tugging her sleeves down, her mouth opening and closing. "It's- I just- I have to-" she looked around and back at him. "I'll be back."

She darted for the restroom. Hatchett sat there staring at the door for five minutes, waiting for her to come out. The food had already arrived but he wasn't touching it until she came back.

A few minutes pasted and Hatchett finally stood up and walked over to the restroom. He raised his hand to knock on the door when it swung open. Jaylen looked up at him, her hazel eyes stealing his breath with how intense they were. They didn't say anything for a moment, he even forgot what he came to do. Then she blinked and he snapped out of it.

"Fall in?" He asked.

She shook her head, "No. Sorry. Is the food ready?"

He nodded and they went back to the table, eating their food in uncomfortable silence. He kept looking up, trying to get a read on her. He knew she was still recovering from Jailer kidnapping and torturing her so she was bound to act differently, but this was a level he wasn't too sure how to handle. What could have happened that made her run to the restroom when he asked about her long-sleeved shirt?

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

She finally looked up at him. "My ribs are still sore if I move the wrong way, but I'm fine."

"That's good. Hows the hair style working for ya?"

Jaylen grabbed her hair. The black-blue locks had been butchered when she was taken. Mix worked her magic with hair and got the hair to look how hair is supposed to look. The only thing was it had been cut so badly by her father or whoever that Mix had to cut it to her jawline in order for it to look right. The once long hair was missing at least a foot in length and though Hatchett liked it long, she could pull off the short hair.

"I'm still getting used to it. I don't know if I like it though..."

"It looks good."

"Really?"

He nodded. "You ready to go, sweet?"

She nodded and he threw money onto the table. He handed her the helmet again and she smirked as she put it on. She laughed when she saw him staring.

"I'm just surprised you let me on the back of your bike."

"Why is that?" he asked as he helped her get on.

Jaylen scoffed. "I know what the back of a bike means to you bikers."