Chapter Seventeen

"It's gonna be ok, brother. Just take it easy."

"I fucked up, Snake. I fucked up bad. Jesus, what if I had actually gone through with it?" Hatched said, putting his head in his hands.

Every time he closed his eyes he kept seeing his fuck up. If it wasn't for Jaylen's face popping up in his head, he probably wouldn't have stopped. He threw Tamara's naked ass into the hallway and took a scolding hot shower until it turned cold. He kept thanking God he didn't come but it's not like that made it any better.

"How'd you get Sarah to forgive you after... ya know?" He asked Snake.

Snake shook his head. "Honestly, I don't know why she forgave me. But Sarah and Jaylen are two different people. Jaylen has come a long way from when we first found her but she's more fragile than we think. My advice, tell her. It's gonna kill her. You may lose her. But you can't hide something like this from her, she deserves to know. You can try and win her back later if all else fails."

"Could I wait a few days--"

"Hell no. Tell her when we get back. No stalling."

"Shit. I'm just scared to lose her, man."

"One of worst moments was begging Sarah for forgiveness. I was a mess, I had fucked up. I didn't know what she would do and all I could think about was making it up to her. Just the thought of losing her was killing me. But in the end it all worked out."

Digger came walking out of the gas station then and waved his hand. "Let's go boys! Only four more hours til we get home!"

******

The moment they walked into the clubhouse everyone bursted into tears or cheers. They hadn't told anyone they would be back today. The brothers got swarmed by Old Ladies and the brothers that stayed behind.

Hatchett made his rounds of his brothers welcoming him back. He was actually looking for Jaylen but after looking around the clubhouse, checking her room, and talking to Sarah, he found out she was staying late at work.

Part of him was disappointed she wasn't there but another part was grateful to hold off their conversation.

Luckily he didn't have to wait long. After about a half hour, he found her about to head up the stairs. He rushed over to her, wrapped his arms around her waist, and spun her around. He pressed his lips against her neck and she melted against him.

"Hatchett," she breathed.

"Don't ever let me go on a run again," he said.

She turned around in his arms, "If you really don't want to."

"God it was a fucking nightmare."

"Well you're back now... we can talk about everything later and you can tell me what was so horrible," her eyes scanned his face. "I missed you."

She got on her tip-toes and kissed him. She hooked her fingers through his belt loops and pulled him toward the hallway, her lips never leaving his. A minute later they were in her room.

Hatchett froze when she started pulling his shirt off. "Jay, wait. I need to tell you something."

His shirt was gone and now she was reaching for his belt. "It can wait. I want to make sure you're really here."

"Jay, it's important--"

"I had to tell you something important before you left. You made me wait almost two months. I think we both can wait at least two more hours."

Well shit. She had him there. He had almost forgotten that she needed to talk to him.

He lost his train of thought as she threw her shirt over to her desk and he realized she wasn't even wearing a bra. For a second he was angry--what reason did she have to not wear a bra? Especially to work. But then she grabbed his shoulders and pushed him toward the bed.