Chapter Fifteen

Jaylen kept wringing her hands as she stared at the clubhouse getting closer. She promised herself she would tell him when they got back. Now that they were almost back she couldn't get her mind to think straight.

They pulled in through the gates and saw at least half of the brothers packing up their bikes. She frowned. Hatchett said they had two days before they went on the run. She thought she had more time than this.

"What the hell?" He whispered.

Banks walked over to them when they got out of the trail blazer. He looked pissed off.

"Change of plans, son. Vikings need our help now. You head out in ten." Banks said before going to talk to Digger.

The Viking Raiders MC was an allied club with the Ghost Warriors and whenever the clubs needed help the other would send backup--or so she was told. Whatever was going on with the Vikings must be pretty big for them need most of the Warriors.

Fawn and Sarah were saying goodbye to their men. Rebel on the other hand was... crying? Jaylen blinked her eyes to make sure she wasn't seeing things. But no, Rebel was in fact crying.

Cyclone was on the phone, Fox and Viper and a few others were smoking. Most of the guys were ready to go and waiting on him or the men saying goodbye to their women.

Hatchett grabbed her hand and started walking toward the clubhouse. "C'mon, sweetness, I only got a few minutes and I wanna make sure I spend them with you."

Jaylen followed him to his room. Her nerves felt like they had been electrocuted. She needed to talk to him, but was it a good idea with him leaving so soon? She didn't want to say something and upset him before he went off and did whatever the hell he needed to do. If it was something dangerous--which she was guessing it was because of the urgency--then she didn't want to send him off with a muddled brain.

What she would say would piss him off and possibly hurt him. She couldn't stand the thought of him possibly getting hurt because of her.

Hatchett closed the door to his room behind her and she sat criss-cross on the bed. She watched as he pulled out a bag and packed his guns first, then his clothes.

"Hatchett..." She choked on her words, she had to say something. What if he didn't come back?

"What's up, baby?" He asked, checking his pistols before putting them in his holsters, hidden under his cut.

"We need to talk... I need to tell you something..." God, this was hard. She could feel her throat getting tight, her eyes stung with tears.

He looked up at her as he threw some jeans into the bag. He frowned when he looked at her, seeing the unshed tears in her eyes. "Whatever you're thinking, forget it. I'm gonna be ok, this is baby stuff compared to other shit I've done."

She huffed out a breath. "No, Hatchett... it's about--"

There was a banging on the door. "Hatchett! We gotta roll!" Digger's voice came through the door, followed by more banging.

Hatchett sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I gotta go. We can talk when I get back."

He tangled his hand in her hair and gripped her hip with the other, pulling her close. She held onto his shoulders as his lips danced across hers, their tongues tangling together. Their bodies we're pressed together but she felt like she needed to be closer to him.

He pulled back and looked into her eyes. "I would stare into these all day if I could," his thumb brushed her cheek and she let her tears flow.

"Hatch--"