Chapter Four

Jaylen pulled out the card to pay for the groceries for the club. She'd been taking care of shopping for the clubhouse for two and a half years, since they realized that they could trust her. She went shopping for food every Sunday. Luckily, Banks gave her a card to pay for everything so she didn't have to pay out of pocket.

"Glad to see you're doing better, honey," Delores, the older cashier lady, said.

"Oh yea, definitely. My friends know how to take care of me." She smiled, throwing the bag of condoms into the cart.

Delores grabbed her hand and whispered, "You promise it wasn't them?"

"One hundred percent. They're the best thing to happen to me."

Delores smiled and handed her the receipt. Jaylen pushed the cart out to Sarah's truck. She didn't have her own car so Sarah let her use it every Sunday.

As she put the bags into the bed of the truck, the roar of motorcycles hit her ears. She closed her eyes and sighed. Though she appreciated the Ghost Warriors for helping her through these years and accepting her as family, she was tired of always hearing them complain about her safety and always having them check on her.

Yes, her safety was important, but let's not forget she got kidnapped right outside of their compound. Granted, it's was Rebel and Rampage's wedding, but still...

She shook herself out of her thoughts and finished putting the bags in the truck. She turned to take care of the cart and Hatchett was standing there, cigarette in this mouth. Press, Viper, Fox, and Cyclone were sitting on their bikes a few feet away.

"You know I really hate when you sneak up on me." She said.

He shrugged. "Can't help it. But I need to talk to you."

"That's cute," she said as she got into the truck. "I'm busy."

He grabbed the door. "When are you free?"

She narrowed her eyes and shook her head. "You know where I live."

He nodded and closed the door. She drove back to the clubhouse, waving to the Prospect as she drove through the gate. Hacker, Snake, Digger and a few other guys came out and grabbed the bags. Except for the bag of condoms.

"Really?" She asked picking it up.

"Hey, I'm all for a safe fuck but there is no way I'll be caught carrying that bag," Drill said.

"How do you think I feel when I buy all of these?" She asked, smacking him with the bag. "I look like I'm about to fuck every guy in town."

"Naw," Digger said. "Everyone knows you're with us. And the Warriors fuck. A lot."

"Don't let Hatchett hear you say that," Snake said.

"What?"

"You fucking every guy in town," he winked at her.

She rolled her eyes and walked through the clubhouse, putting the boxes in every room. She then went to the kitchen and helped the guys put the the groceries away.

"You seen Sarah?" Snake asked.

"She and Fawn took the kids to Buck's house. Think he's having a barbecue."

"Pops is grilling?" Digger said.

She nodded and the boys hollered.

"Wanna go? Pops has a pool."

Her eyes widened. "Oh no. No. I'm alright. I think I'll sit here. Maybe draw."

Snake's eyebrows pulled together. "Alright. Well, we're just a phone call away if you need us."

She watched as the boys went out to their bikes. She went into her room and grabbed her sketch book and pencils. At first she sat on the couch and drew whatever popped into her head. Just doodles at first. Then she started to get creative.

The sound of a plate hitting the table snapped her out of it. Looking up, she saw Banks standing on the other side of the coffee table. She gave a small smile and closed her sketch book.

"Thought you could use some food," he said.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Almost eleven."

"Shit," she said, rubbing her eyes. "I didn't realize--"

Banks chuckled. "You really get into it, don't you?"

Jaylen smiled and looked away. "My mom taught me..."

"Yea, Isabelle taught Rebel a lot. Wish something normal, like drawing, was one of them."

"So her mom turned her into a hell raiser?"

"Rebel is just like her mother. But it's women like Isabelle and Rebel that are worth it, that can make it in this life. I think you have potential, Jaylen. Just need a little push."

Banks stood up and walked out of the room without another word. Jaylen stared at the sandwich on the plate. She had no idea why Banks would say she had potential. Maybe she did. She did live with Chains for almost five years...

Not in the mood to eat, she wrapped up the sandwich and stuck it in the back of the fridge. She grabbed her sketch book and put it back on the desk in her room. It was way past her bedtime and her bed was calling her--speed dial.

Saying fuck it, she just threw off her clothes and crawled into bed. Usually she kept herself covered but no one had been back in hours. She figured she was safe.

******

Jaylen rolled over after hitting the snooze on her alarm clock. It would be ok if she didn't go in to work for one day, right? She could pull the my-ribs-were-hurting card.

When she rolled over, she wrapped her arm around a warm, hard body. Her first instinct was to cuddle up to it and snuggle. But when something wrapped around her and pulled her tighter, her sleep-muddled brain realized... she wasn't alone.

Jaylen's eyes snapped open. She sat up, pulling the sheet with her. "Hatchett!" She screamed.

Hatchett woke up and rolled off the bed. Jaylen got off on the other side, pulling the sheet with her. Hatchett groaned as he pulled himself up.

"Where am I?" He asked.

"My bedroom!" She shouted.

He looked at her and his eyes widened, like he was finally seeing where he was. "How--"

"You tell me! You're the one in my room!"

"Fuck," he groaned grabbing his head. He looked up at her. "Are you naked?"

Her eyes widened and she threw her pillow at him. "You're naked in my room and wanna know why I'm the one that's naked?"

"Usually you're not."

"And you would know?"

"Well I have been doing you're clothes." He said and then slapped himself. "Shit. Just... stop listening to me."

"My..." Well that made sense now. "Why?"

"You were hurt. I figured I'd help."

"Let's get back on topic. You. My room. Why?"

"I was piss ass drunk last night. I don't know..."

They sat in silence for a second. Hatchett pulled on his jeans. When she moved her hair, his eyes fell on her arm and zeroed in. She pulled her arm back down and gripped the sheet tighter.

Too late.

Hatchett was already across the bed and grabbing at her arm. He held it out and looked it up and down.

His eyes snapped to hers. His voice was deep and threatening. "What. The fuck. Happened."