Chapter Nine

Hatchett couldn't keep the smile off his face. It had been a few days since Jaylen agreed to go to Colorado with him. He knew the idea of traveling freaked her out and he wanted to do something special for her.

He talked to Banks a few days ago. The clubhouse had four sheds out back. Two for tools and toys, one had spare bike parts and other projects in it, and the other one was soundproof...

Banks gave the go ahead to clear one of them out so he could make something for Jaylen. He got help from a few of the brothers to work it all out and get everything ready. He wanted her to see it before they left in two days. He was hoping it might help her relax a little more about going. Also he just wanted to do something nice for her.

"Hatchett," Tommy called, Fox following him. "Cyclone and Viper are finishing up. Looks pretty sick."

"Thanks, brother. We're you able to find those supplies for me?"

"I'm a tattoo artist. Of course I got it." Tommy pulled out two keys and handed them to Hatchett. "This might be the best idea you've had yet."

"Just wanna make her happy," he said, grabbing the keys.

"Well I'd say you've definitely done that," Fox said.

Hatchett thanked them again and left to go find Jaylen. It was late Sunday afternoon so she should be back from grocery shopping any minute, if not already. When he walked into the clubhouse he saw Rebel and Rampage walking to the kitchen, carrying bags full of food.

"Y'all seen Jay?" He called after them.

"She just went up stairs," Rebel shouted back.

Once he made it to the top of the stairs, he saw Jaylen at the end of the hallway going into Viper's room with a bag. She hadn't seen him. She was too busy grabbing for something in the bag. He scowled. Viper was outside last he checked. What the fuck was she doing going into Viper's room?

He made it down the hall by the time she was exiting the room. That was quick, he thought.

"What the hell are you doing in Viper's room?" He asked.

Jaylen jumped and put a hand over her heart. "Shit. Hatchett. Don't scare me like that." She pulled the door closed and held up the bag. "I was putting a box of condoms in the nightstand."

His brow furrowed. He grabbed the bag and looked inside. Sure enough, the thing was half full with boxes of condoms of every kind.

"What are doin putting condoms in his room? Why the fuck do you have so many?"

"When Banks asked me to do the grocery shopping, I thought it would be a good idea to buy condoms too and keep them around the clubhouse. You know how Banks feels about y'all keeping it wrapped and I know when y'all get drunk, you use them and forget to replace them." She shook a box. "Now, you'll always have them."

Huh. That would make sense on why he hasn't had to buy condoms in two years. And why there was a never ending supply.

And now he felt guilty. He fucked sweetbutts with condoms that Jaylen supplied him with. Fuck.

"Satisfied?" She asked.

"Yea. My bad. Well I'm sure the brothers appreciate it."

"I'm sure the brothers don't even know I'm doing it. Just like you didn't know." She grinned and patted his cheek before stepping around him and going into the room across the hall.

"How much longer will it take for you to do that?"

"Doesn't take long."

"Good. Meet me in the kitchen when you're done."

He caught the confused look on her face before he turned and went to his room. He grabbed one of the few ties he had, stuffing it in his pocket.

"You should adopt a girl," Fawn was saying as he walked into the kitchen. "Brooke is outnumbered with Sarah's boys. They're gonna start ganging up on her!"

Sarah threw some popcorn at Fawn. "My boys would not do that. I'm raising them better than that. Cole is already trying to pull out my chair. He sees Snake doing it and wants to do it too."

"If you want another girl around here, have another baby," Trish laughed. "Falcon wants a boy. I think it would be easier to start with a boy. Plus girls are so demanding. I mean, look at me."

The girls laughed. Hatchett stole some of Sarah's popcorn and winked at her when she glared at him. Jaylen came in a moment later and smiled at everyone.

He pulled out the tie. "You trust me?"

She raised a brow and looked between him and the tie. "Possibly..."

"Trust me it'll be worth it," he said, tying it over her eyes.

~~~~~~

Jaylen had a fear of not knowing.

Not knowing when her next beating would be. Not knowing when she was gonna eat. Not knowing if she was safe. Not knowing if she was gonna living to see another day.

But that was a fear from her past. She didn't really have that fear anymore, but now she was afraid of not knowing where the hell Hatchett was taking her. He stood behind her and gripped her shoulders, steering her where he wanted her to go.

She knew when the hot air hit her face that they stepped outside. She had a pretty good idea of the yard and pictured in her mind where they might be going. She thought they might be going to the shed, but why? Unless they found out...

Panic struck her. She just had to play it cool. She hoped she hadn't tensed up.

They stopped. She heard the slight jingle of keys. A door opening. She felt Hatchett move around her but he kept hold of her hands.

"Step up," he said.

She took a hesitant step forward, slowly placing her foot down to make sure there was floor. Hatchett pulled her in. She felt him working on the knot in the tie and held her breath.

"Surprise," he whispered in her ear as he pulled the tie away.

Jaylen opened her eyes. The breath she was holding was taken away. She was standing in the larger shed, but it had been revamped. The walls were now wooden instead of metal and were painted baby blue and white. There was a paint easel in the center with a stool, a pottery wheel in the far right corner. A small couch was on the right side of the room, a small window above it, and a blanket and pillows sat on the couch. White Christmas lights hung around the ceiling.

Shelves and cubbies covered the left side of the shed, as well as a table. They were filled with paints, brushes, coal, pastels, pencils, colored pencils, sketch books. Any type of artistic tool you could think of and it was there in every size and color.

"What did you do?" She croaked, trying to keep her happy tears at bay.

"You like to draw. I wanted to give you a place where you can do your thing in peace." He moved to the back where a thick switch was. He flipped it up. Part of the wall started to lift up, revealing the woods setting in the back, the sun slightly setting.

She lost it. Tears started streaming down her face and she covered her mouth with both hands. Never in her life did she imagine that she would have something like this.

"I don't have a kiln for pottery yet," he frowned, moving to the left. "I figured we could have a small room built over here, put shelves in it for whatever you're working on. I was thinking of adding a restroom too so you don't have to walk all the way back into the clubhouse if you're in the zone or whatever."

"Hatchett," she whispered. "This is prefect. This is amazing. I-I-I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. Just use it and I'll be happy."

She laughed. "Good luck getting me out of here. I'll use it everyday."

He wrapped her in his arms and kissed her temple. "Just as long as I get to see you at some point in time."