Alien Lights

An odd little ditty this one, but I'll explain it at the end.

~~

Lindsey and I met by the light of a UFO: her running from the FBI, me running from the CIA. It was a Dr Seussian East meets West, escaping from government acronyms with an alien chaperone who we called Alf, with a sparkling lack of imagination.

We dematerialised in front of their eyes, and Alf whisked us away on a whistle stop tour of Epsilon 5 where his friends exclaimed their delight at meeting other sentient beings. We danced along methane shores lined with mercurial sand, partied under the red light of their star, and drank foaming tankards of intelligent ale.

But all good things must end, and we followed the crackling hubbub of humanity back through space and time. Alf dropped us on the shores of California where we met a woman who talked of mermaids and the vampires who loved them, and we drank coffee by the light of a yellow sun, free, happy, and at peace.

~~

I had the rather lovely pleasure of being included in The Corner Booth's Sunday evening get together recently (Episode 20), and part of the broadcast was devoted to making up a 6 sentence story about one of the other panelists, and make up a complete lie about how we met. So I did, and it's up there ^^ 

The story had to include :

- an escape from a governing entity that is hunting you

- a cameo appearance from someone who has been on Corner Booth (in this instance the wonderful BrittanieCharmintine)

- A happy ending

I suspect technically it might actually be 7 sentences, but if you want to be a grammar grumpy that's up to you =]