A Triple Wybble

Wybble - a short story of exactly 100 syllables. I think this may be something I've made up rather than being a recognised literary form like a drabble or a twabble. A new thing has to start somewhere, why not on Wattpad =] 

~

Doors

Beyond all doors lie worlds unknown: a Pandora's box of forgotten choices, quantum moments and the lost. Sometimes the change is subtle, slight, imperceptible but to a few. Often the only effect is a brief moment of doubt or disbelief.

Sometimes though, a different world is found...

So beware traveller: for he who takes one door too many may lose not only his way, but his soul, and his sanity.

~

The Burnt Lands

I remember waking to bright moonlight, the reflected sunlight so powerful it was painful to behold. A tongue of fire had licked the far surface of the earth, while we slept. The flare lit the moon, but plunged the world into darkness.

The returning light was laced with legend; imbued with dark power. Now we live in lands of imagination and myth: technology is dead, the slate has been wiped clean.

Mind, magic, power, only the strongest will survive...

~

Morning Brew

There's something universal about a coffee: to me at least. That first bitter taste of morning, a glance out of the window, and on with the day. Coffee is, and probably will be, the only constant in my life now. The windows have changed; as does the view, as does the day.

Swapping sea for sky wasn't a hard choice once life, or fate, had swapped family for solitude and remorse.

Coffee and stars: I could do worse.

~