Brothers

Henry's POV

I know that Cayden hates James, which is completely reasonable, but I dont want to have to pick between my brothers. James may have made a mistake by pretty much torturing Sophie, but he's trying to fix her. Having demons can do a number on a person.

"Get up, lazy boy." Avalon yelled as she started bouncing on the bed. "We've gotta find my sisters."

"I dont know how you can be so cheerful all of the time." I say smiling.

"Well, when you wake up in the morning, you have to get out of bed." She says pushing me onto the floor. " And just think about all of the great things that are happening in your life. For example, I have my handsome protector taking care of me. How can someone not be happy about that?"

"I guess youre right." I state as I try to stand up. "We should probably go join everyone else."

Avalon and I walk downstairs hand in hand. She never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps I'll never understand how someone so genuine has dark magic hidden inside. I've known her since I was a little kid and I've never seen one ounce of darkness in her.

I suddenly step back into reality as I see that James and Cayden aren't at the breakfast table. That can only mean that they're somewhere arguing or maybe they're repairing their brotherly bond. Doubtful, but a guy can only hope.

"I'm going to go look for my brothers." I whisper as I let go of Avalon's hand.

"Meanwhile, I'll be here. Spending time with my bothersome- I mean loving brothers that I love so much." She jokes while glancing at Declan.

I walk outside to see if James and Cayden are there. Luckily, they are, but they definitely are not bonding.

"Let her go! She's not some animal and she isn't evil!" Cayden yells.

"Listen, little brother, if I let Sophie go then only God knows what she'd do. It isn't Sophie anymore. It's a demon, it's two demons! It isnt the same girl that you fell for." James reasons.

Cayden's phone rings and he runs off. Must be important if he stopped arguing with James. James might be holding Sophie captive, but he's trying to protect us. That doesnt mean that I agree with his methods, but it's better than the alternative.

"James, maybe you should hold off on the whole I'm sorry that I'm holding your girlfriend prisoner because she's evil speech. It's not going to convince him of anything. He loves her, you knew that better than anyone, that's why you havent killed her yet." I explain as we walk inside to have breakfast with the rest of the group.