Sophie

Cayden's POV

I sat at home waiting for someone to get back, so I could tell them that we think we have found a Blackwell. I started to pace back and forth, thinking about Diana and how she could be a witch. A few minutes pass and my phone rings. I look at it and see that Diana is the one calling. Should I answer it? I said that there was a family emergency. If I answer it then I have two options. One: Continue on with the lie. Two: tell her that I didn't have a family emergency and tell her that I just can't go on a date with her tonight. I finally decided to answer.

"Hey, Diana." I said.

"Is everything okay?" Diana asked.

"Yeah. Everything is okay."

"You said there was a family emergency." she replied. I took a minute to decide what to say. Then, I decided that it's better to tell the truth.

"Actually, I just can't go out tonight. Maybe another time?"

"Sure. Just get better, okay?"

"Okay. Bye."

As I hung up, I heard a car pull up. It was James's car. I walked outside. I had to confront him about Sophie.

"Hey, James. I have a question."

"Ask away, little brother."

"What did you do to Sophie? I want the truth. Remember if you don't tell me the truth, I will find out."

"That sounds like a threat."

"It could be if you lie to me."

He had a frustrated look on his face. I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew that if he tells me the truth, then I probably going to want to kill him.

"Do you want to go inside and talk?" He asked.

"No. Whatever you have to say, say it here." I yelled.

"This is going to be hard to say. I know how much you loved her. Remember this, little brother, I had to. She had demons in her. There was nothing else I could have done." He paused for a moment.

"You killed her, didn't you?" I asked.

"I would never do that to you, I know how much she means to you. I had to keep her locked up. For a year she has been locked up, but only until I find someone who can take the demon out of her."

"YOU LOCKED HER UP! SHE'S NOT AN ANIMAL, JAMES! SHE'S A HUMAN!" I yelled. I was full of anger.

"She's not human. She's a witch. A powerful witch, who has two demons inside of her."

Just then Henry pulled up. I knew then that our conversation was over, but not for long. I entered the house filled with rage.