Lost In Thought

Cayden's POV

A day has passed since I met Diana. She is all I have been thinking about. I should probably get her out of my head and find the reason that we came here.

I heard a car pull up. I went to the window to see who it was. It was some guy in a jeep. A jeep that kinda looked like mine. I walked to the door to greet this guy. First I let him ring the doorbell, so I wouldn't feel creepy by opening up the door first.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi. I'm Adam. Is James here.?" he asked.

"No. James left for work a while ago." I replied. " Would you like to wait for him?"

"No. Just tell him that I have more questions about the skull. He'll know what it means." He said as he walked towards his jeep.

'The skull?' What kind of code is that? Is it short for 'your brother and I killed somebody together and I need help with the person's skull'?

Then, I seen another car pull up. I knew that it wasn't James or Henry. I waited at the door. Watching to see who would step out. Then, I seen a beautiful girl walk out of the car. I knew who it was just by her hair.

"Cayden, right?" Diana asked.

"Diana, right?" I said jokingly. " How did you know where I lived?"

"Well, I was drinking coffee and seen the girl from the photo. I told her about how you picked me up from the side of the road and that i wanted to return this to you." she answered with the umbrella in her hand.

"Thanks. I was beginning to wonder when I would see this again. Would you like to come in?"

"I can't I have to go meet my friends."

"Okay. How about we have coffee sometime?"

"How could I turn down an offer like that? When would you like to have coffee?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Okay." her face lit up once again.

"And afterwards, do you think that you could come to a party that I'm throwing?"

"Sure. I should really get going. I don't want to keep my friends waiting."

"Bye, Diana."

I might have a real shot with this girl. I know that soon I will have to tell her about me being a protector, if we ever do end up together.

Once again, I heard a car pull up. This time it was my brother, James.

"Hey, James!" I yelled out. "Adam stopped by. He needs to know more about the skull. What did you do kill another person?"

"What? NO! I didn't kill anybody!"

"Try telling Sophie that!"

I ran to my room. I upset myself too much when i think about what he did to Sophie. If only he had the guts to tell me the truth about what really happened, then maybe I could forgive him.