Double Date

Cayden's POV

It's been two weeks since Henry and I wandered into the basement. Theyre still trying to figure out if the Cassie girl is a Blackwell. We might never find both of them, but we need to. The sooner that we find the rest of the Blackwells, the sooner we can start Operation Save Sophie.

"How are you spending your day, Cayden?" Avalon says joyfully.

"Probably on the couch watching tv." I answer.

"Wow. Okay. It's time for us to go on a double date. You are in desperate need of some girl attention. When was the last time you spoke to Diana?"

"A few weeks ago we had coffee."

"Get up. Get dressed. Wear something stylish. Also, try not to match your brother, we dont want to confuse the girl." She danced gracefully out the room.

A few hours later and here I am, getting ready for a double date with Diana. I'm a little suprised that she agreed to come. I've kinda been dodging her calls for a bit, so I prepared for rejection. It's a good thing that I'm forever cursed with good luck. My mother used to always tell me that Henry and I were cursed with good luck. I never believed that. Lately, I havent felt so lucky. Maybe I was wrong. I hope that i'm wrong. I want so badly to believe that I have good luck.

Avalon barges in while covering her eyes. She's dressed up in an elegant pink dress. She almost looks like a Barbie doll.

"Please, tell me that youre at least decent on the bottom half." She mutters.

"It isnt like you havent seen it before, but yes. Im dressed. How do I look?" I say as I spin around like a girl.

"Well, what I've seen was only ever on Henry. You look fantastic. Can you do the girly spin again? I didnt quite catch it."

"Funny. Is Henry ready or is he taking his time?"

"He's in the jeep. We should go get Diana. You dont want to make the girl wait, do you?"

It doesn't take us long to get to Diana's. When we arrived, i got out and made my way to the front porch. I didnt even get to knock on the door, because as soon as I lifted my hand, she opened it. She looked so beautiful in the silky, black dress that she was wearing. I swear I have never been as nervous as I was in that moment. Neither of us said or did anything for a long time, but then she broke the silence.

"Is this too much?" She whispered.

"No. No. It's not too much. You look amazing." I could hardly get my words out. She smiled the biggest smile. Everything about her looks so perfect, everything feels so right in this moment.

Beep! Beep!

"Are you two lovebirds going to stand there all night?" Henry yelled. I turned around just in time to see Avalon punch him in the arm. I grabbed Diana's hand and opened the door for her while she got in. It was a quiet ride all the way to the restaurant that Henry reserved a table at.

Avalon asked Diana a whole bunch of questions about her and her family. Henry stayed silent the entire double date. Im not sure why. Usually he cracks a bunch of jokes or does something. After dinner we drop off Diana and I walk her to her door, lame, I know.

"I had fun, but does Avalon usually ask that many questions?" She asks.

"She can get like that sometimes, but she means well." I explain.

"I should probably get inside, It's getting pretty late." She whispers. Before she heads inside, I quickly give her a kiss on the cheek. It wasnt really anything special, but it was something.

"Goodnight, Diana." I say softly.

Not long after I get home, I head up to my room and not even ten minutes after that, I hear a knock on my door. Henry walks in and I can immediately tell that something's bothering him.

"You need to stay away from Diana. Okay?"

"Why should I do that?"

"You should stay away from her because she's a Blackwell."