Asking Questions

Cayden's POV

After my argument with James, Diana called. I know that I feel a connection to her and I'm hoping that it isn't just because she's a witch, even though Avalon seems to think so. I just want a normal girl for once and if it is because she's a witch, I hope that there isnt something dark lurking inside her. I dont want to have another girlfriend that gets kidnapped by my over protective older brother.

Finally, I'm at the café. Diana seems to be working again, I really don't feel like waiting for a long time and then having to leave for a family emergency again. It was bad enough lying to her about it the first time.

Just then, the bell rings to the café door. I look to see Av walking in. Deja vù is the most annoying thing.

"What is wrong with you?" Avalon whispers angrily.

"Well, besides from insomnia and anxiety, I'm not sure what you mean." I sarcastically answer.

She gives me one of her serious faces. "Funny. Why would you argue with James like that? Why not make a deal with James instead? You find out if you can see her, as long as you dont do anything stupid, like release her."

"I can handle this, Av." I say trying not to sound rude. She's the only friend that been there for me through everything. Starting from the first day of kindergarten when I spilled milk all over me and she let me borrow her extra shirt, and she helped me after i lost Sophie. I know she isn't going to let me handle this on my own, but I dont have time for lectures right now.

I glanced up at Diana, then I noticed the blonde waitress working beside her. I remember when Avalon asked about a blonde waitress, there are honestly so many, but this one stood out for some reason. This must be the girl that Henry thinks is one of the Blackwell sisters. She looks sorta like Avalon, both of them have long blonde hair and blue eyes. It's no wonder that Henry found her so fast. I cant say anything to Av. Knowing her, she'll march over there and hug her and start asking millions of questions. "Hey, Av. You should go talk to Henry about having another party. I'm sure if you ask him again, there's no way that he'll be able to tell you no."

She looked kind of excited for a moment, then she fled the café. Damn. That girl is fast when she's excited. Avalon just loves her parties. It's probably a bad idea for her to throw another one, because we're infamous amongst the witch hunters for them, but it's the only thing that will get Avalon to rush home.

I look up to notice that Diana is standing over me. "I'm really sorry that It's taking so long. I'll be off in an hour. If you dont feel like waiting, you can go home."

"Dont worry. I'll just wait here." I smile. As she walks away, I lay my head down and slowly drift off to sleep.