Chapter 2

Harry just knew he probably wasn't pregnant. It had been a little over a month since they had tried. He wasn't having any symptoms like bloating, morning sickness or tender breasts. Louis had urged him to take a home pregnancy test anyways just to be sure. It's early morning now, just before Louis has to go into the studio. Louis is sitting on the edge of the tub as Harry paces back and forth in the small bathroom, waiting for the timer to go off to tell him the results are in.

The timer blares from Harry's phone, signalling the five minutes are up. "You look, I can't look," Harry says softly and shakes his head, hiding his face in the crook of Louis' neck.

"We'll look at the results together, alright?" Louis says and rubs Harry's back in small circles. "You ready?" he asks and pecks the top of his head, seeing Harry nod and smile a little bit. His kisses always seem to cheer Harry up. Louis grabs the pregnancy test stick from off the sink counter and holds it in front of them.

Negative.

A heavy sigh comes from Louis' mouth as he sets the test stick down, seeing Harry's green eyes start to tear up. Louis pulls Harry in close for a hug and rubs his back with one hand, playing with his curls in the other. He kisses Harry's head. "It's alright, baby, we can try again," Louis tells him softly, trying to comfort him. Harry just nods, some tears wetting Louis' t-shirt. Why did it have to be so hard for them? Other people get pregnant when they're not even trying.

"Can I— can I come to the studio with you? I don't want to be alone," Harry asks softly, his voice weak.

"Of course you can, Haz. You don't even have to ask," Louis tells him. "How about you go get ready, love? I'll make a doctors appointment."

Harry nods. "Give me a kiss first, Lou," Harry whines playfully and Louis chuckles before leaning in and pressing their lips together. Harry gets up and goes into their bedroom, pulling on some comfy clothes. He steals one of Louis' jumpers to wear with his black skinny jeans and matching vans Louis had got him for a birthday present.

"How about we get milkshakes on the way to the studio? How does that sound?" Louis asks softly after awhile, knowing just how to cheer Harry up a bit. "You can even have extra whipped cream and sprinkles on it," Louis smiles as he goes up to Harry and wraps his arms around his waist from behind.

"Sounds perfect," Harry says and giggles softly as Louis spins him around. He smiles fondly at the kiss Louis presses to his nose.

"Lets go." Louis slips his shoes on, already dressed and takes Harry's hand in his. Hand in hand they head out to the car and get inside, Louis driving. "I don't want to be lectured by Liam for being late again. I'd owe Niall more food, that man can eat." He chuckles, remembering the bet him and his former bandmate made last week.

Harry giggles and shakes his head fondly. He misses the other boys; they hadn't talked to him in awhile. They all knew Harry and Louis were trying for a baby but they didn't know the struggles they were having conceiving. On the way to the studio they stopped for milkshakes. Harry got a chocolate one with extra whipped cream and sprinkles, just like Louis had promised. (Louis never broke a promise.) Louis got a small vanilla one.

"Haz? Hi," Liam says, surprised to see him, and hugs him close.

"Liam! How are you?" Harry smiles as he returns the hug and then pulls away, watching Louis and Liam greet each other.

"It's tough dealing with this one here," Liam jokes and nudges Louis' shoulder.

"Tell me about it," Harry giggles softly.

"Babe," Louis whines and pouts.

"Come on, I was just teasing. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." He smiles and pecks his husband's lips.

"No but really, I've been good. How about yourself?" Liam asks curiously. At a small glare from Louis, though, he bites his bottom lip and waits for a reply, seeming a little embarrassed.

"I-I'm fine," Harry says, his voice cracking as he crosses his arms over his chest, pulling his—well, Louis'—sweater closer to himself and going to sit down on the leather couch. Harry's eyes suddenly get blurry again and he bites his bottom lip to keep the tears in, but he remains teary as Liam and Louis get to work.