Chapter 8

It had been a few weeks since Harry and Louis had gotten the news. Harry had been sad lately. He felt like he and Louis would never have kids, and that was devastating to him. All Harry wanted was a family like everyone else had. Louis kept telling him they could try again, but Harry was losing hope.

Trying to conceive a baby was putting a wedge in their relationship. Harry would sleep in the guestroom, or try to sleep, anyway. The guestroom they were going to turn into the baby's nursery. They had talked about decorating it so many times.

"Haz, babe! I'm home!" Louis yells as he walks through the front door and sets his bag down, kicking off his shoes. It was his first day back at the studio today as he had taken a few weeks off to spend with Harry. Louis knows that Harry stays up all night and is emotional a lot.

He knows that not being able to conceive takes a toll on Harry. Louis is devastated that it is hard to make a baby too, but Louis has hope that they can try again. All Louis wants to do is take care of his husband.

"Haz?" Louis questions the quiet house again. He hears a quiet sob coming from the guest bedroom. He walks down the hallway and into the room, seeing Harry laying on the bed and cuddling the small stuffed animal he had bought to give to their future child. Louis lets out a small sigh and lays down on the bed with Harry.

"It's okay, Haz. Remember what the doctor said? We can always try again. We'll keep trying," Louis says, trying to comfort him. He moves his hand up to Harry's cheek and wipes away some of his tears, kissing Harry's forehead lightly. "I love you so much, Harry. Everything will be okay," he comforts and moves his hands down to rub circles on Harry's love handles.

He presses a kiss to Harry's cheek. "How about I run you a nice warm bubble bath?" Louis offers and plays with Harry's curls.

"Please," Harry begs and Louis nods. He gets up and goes into the bathroom, starting the warm water. He puts some scented bubble bath inside the water. Once the bath is done filling he turns the water off.

"It's ready babe," Louis says and helps Harry up from the bed, helping him stip off his clothes and safely get into the bath.

"Want me to wash your hair for you?" Louis asks and he gets a nod in response. He picks up the shampoo and lathers it into Harry's hair before starting to wash it out, careful not to get any in Harry's eyes.

After the bath Louis gets Harry all comfy in his boxers and an oversized shirt. Louis pulls on some grey sweatpants to get him more comfortable from his skinny jeans.

They cuddle together in their bedroom watching a movie. It isn't until he hears snores coming from Harry's lips that Louis decides to turn off the movie and bedside lamp before going to sleep himself.