Chapter 9

"We're still together, still going strong," Harry sings in the shower as the warm water relaxes his muscles. This is the happiest he has felt ever since he got the news he wasn't pregnant. Today was September twenty-eighth, their seventh wedding anniversary.

"Still the one I run to, the one that I belong to. Still the one I want for life. Still the one that I love, the only one I dream of. Still the one I kiss goodnight," Louis sings back to Harry as he gets in the shower as well, standing close to him underneath the stream of water. Harry smiles as Louis wraps his arms around his waist and kisses from Harry's shoulder up to his neck, softly nibbling at his skin to make a lovebite.

"Lou," Harry squeals, "save that for later." He blushes and moves out of Louis' arms to grab the shampoo.

"Fine," Louis sighs but gently smacks one of Harry's bum cheeks as he bends over. Harry yelps and playfully glares at Louis.

"You're so naughty," Harry mumbles and turns back to Louis, pressing a passionate kiss to Louis' lips. Louis hums and kisses Harry back. The kiss starts to get heated, and Harry pulls back and smirks.

"Now I have to wash my hair," Harry says, squeezing shampoo in his palm and lathering it into his hair.

"Haz," Louis groans and sighs, giving up for right now and washing his hair as well. They rinse their hair out underneath the water, taking turns. They wash themselves off and turn off the shower, getting out and getting dry.

"I've got something special planned for later," Louis tells his husband, rushing to get his clothes on. "Be ready by six, okay? It's a surprise. I have to go to the studio, I'll see you later. I love you."

"Love you too, see you later, babe," Harry says and watches as Louis leaves in a hurry. Why did Louis leave so fast? What is so important? Harry sighs and starts to get ready for their date.

-----

"Haz! I'm home!" Louis calls, and Harry hears the door open. Harry buttons up the last button on his dress shirt. Since he doesn't know where they are going for their date, he decided to dress casually in black skinny jeans and his brown boots, but with a fancy dress shirt. As Harry looks up he sees Louis leaning against the bedroom door frame with a bouquet of flowers and a tiny black puppy in his arms.

"Louis," he gasps as he walks over and pets the puppy. "Who's this?" he asks as Louis passes the puppy over to him.

"This is Clifford. He's part of your surprise. These are for you too, I'll go put them in water." Louis smiles, glad Harry seemed to be liking his surprise so far.

"But why? Lou, we never even talked about getting a dog." Harry giggles as the tiny pup licks at his chin, following Louis over to the kitchen.

"I know, but we're starting our family. You and I both grew up with dogs, so I thought it would be nice if we could have one together. And in the future, when we have children, they'll grow up with Clifford here. They will be best friends, Haz," Louis smiles and finishes putting the flower bouquet in water. He walks over and kisses the pup on the head.

"He's so cute," Harry murmurs as he continues to pet the puppy.

"I know, now we have to go and drop him off at Lottie's. We don't want to be late for your next surprise," Louis tells him.

"Alright," Harry nods and follows Louis out to their car. He couldn't believe Louis had more of a surprise planned. He felt like he didn't deserve it. They drop little Clifford off at Lotties and continue to drive. It isn't that long before they pull up to a fancy restaurant, the one they had their first date at all those years ago. It was one of Harry's favourites. But this restaurant normally has months-long waitlist.

"Lou," Harry smiles as his husband parks the car. He unbuckles his seatbelt and leans over, pressing a kiss to Louis' cheeks. "This is amazing."

"Only the best for you," Louis says fondly and they both walk inside, a waitress leading them to their table. They even managed to get the same one as their first date years ago. Harry is sure Louis planned that too.

They sit across from each other and look over the menus. Louis orders some champagne for the both of them, and they spend an hour talking and eating food with the occasional sip of alcohol.

Harry is definitely drunk as they wait outside for a taxi. He is more touchy and kisses his husband passionately until a taxi pulls up. Louis gets in first and Harry drunkenly climbs over him to get into the other seat. Harry can't wait to get home.