Chapter 6

"I have to pee," Harry groans into Louis' ear as he sits in the waiting room, bouncing his leg up and down slightly, cursing the fact that his bladder had to be full for better visualization of the ultrasound. It has been six days since Harry's egg retrieval procedure, the eggs now fertilized and turned into an embryo.

Now it is time for the final step in the IVF process: the embryo transfer. Only three out of the eight eggs are healthy, mature embryos that the doctor will be transferring.

"Mr.Tomlinson," a nurse calls and Harry stands up with Louis, following her into an examination room. "Please undress from the waist down; here is a sheet to cover yourself," the nurse says and hands him a thin white sheet.

"Okay," Harry nods and waits until she's gone and the doors closed before starting to do as the nurse told him. He strips off his pants and boxers, getting on the examination table and covering himself with the thin sheet.

"Here's a photo of the embryos," the nurse says and hands him a piece of paper with the photos.

Harry looks at them and smiles up at Louis. "Those are our babies..." he whispers in amazement, looking at all the details of the cells, though it is a little weird to be looking at his eggs and Louis' sperm in detail.

"They are," Louis smiles and pecks Harry's cheek, looking at the photos as well.
Luckily, Louis could be in the room for this procedure. Louis holds Harry's hand the whole time.

Soon the doctor comes in, and it is time for the egg transfer process to start. Harry's legs are spread and his feet put up in stirrups so the doctor can have access to everything. Both Louis and Harry can't help but watch the ultrasound screen as the procedure begins.

The process is quick and short; Harry only lays on his back for half an hour before getting dressed again. The doctor tells Harry to take it easy and gives him his first ultrasound of the embryos inside him. The couple leaves the doctor's office full of hope and on high alert for early pregnancy signs; Harry was already scheduled in twelve days later for a blood test to see if he was pregnant or not.

When they get home, here is a brown package on the doorstep.

"Whats this?" Louis asks curiously and bends down to pick it up.

"I don't know," Harry shrugs and they go inside. Harry sits on the couch as he watches Louis open the package, pulling out a few cute stuffed animals and two small baby onesies.

"Oh..I ordered those," Harry says softly and shrugs, taking the small stuffed elephant Louis passes over to him. He smiles as he sees Louis look over the onsies. One is white and has 'My daddies love me' written on it. The other one was blue and says 'I'm so lucky to have two daddies'.

"They're cute, just like you," Louis smiles and presses their lips together.