Chapter 7

Harry picks at the skin around his fingernails as he sits in the waiting room to get his blood drawn. Harry is so anxious; he knows there is a good chance he is pregnant. He feels like he is pregnant.

Harry absolutely hates having bloodwork done. He has to lay down so he doesn't pass out or throw up. He holds onto Louis' hand tightly as the nurse draws his blood. He feels really woozy as his blood trickles out into the needle. It is soon over, though, and Louis helps Harry sit up.

"We should have the results soon," the nurse says as she hands Harry a small glass of water to help him get his strength back.

"Thanks," Louis tells her and smiles politely as Harry takes a few sips of water.

"Okay, I'm ready," Harry says and places the glass aside, standing up and walking out of the doctors office. Harry feels like the whole world is spinning. Once in the car Harry grabs a juicebox he had packed for after his bloodwork to get his blood sugar up again.

"You enjoying your juicebox?" Louis smiles fondly as Harry's big hand grasps the tiny juicebox.

"Lou, you know what it's like to get bloodwork, I'm still slightly dizzy," Harry pouts and buckles himself into the car.

"I know baby," Louis chuckles lightly and moves a stray curl from Harry's face. Harry takes Louis hand, squeezing softly.

"I saw there was a new baby store in town, it's called 'Baby and Me'. I've never been but it looks nice, I follow them on social media. I know were still not even sure we're pregnant yet, but—" Harry gets cut off by Louis pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Of course we can, babe," Louis smiles against Harry's lips and pulls away, starting the car and beginning the drive to the small baby boutique.

------------

"Hello, is there anything I can help you with?" a nice older lady asks, looking up from where she is stocking shelves.

"We're just looking, thanks," Louis tells her as he and Harry start to walk around the store. There are strollers and carseats. Cribs and changing tables. Diapers and pacifiers, swaddle blankets.

Harry goes right over to the baby clothes, cooing at the cute sayings on onesies. "Look," Harry lets out a giggle as he spots one that says 'let's avocuddle' with two avocados on the front.

"Haz," Louis groans, "we are not getting that." He shakes his head and buries his head into Harry's neck, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist from behind. He gives Harry's neck a soft kiss.

As Louis looks up from Harry's neck he spots tiny little baby shoes that look like his and Harry's matching vans. "But maybe we could get these." Louis goes over to pick them up, showing Harry the tiny shoes in the palm of his hands.

"Like ours," Harry coos, loving the idea of matching shoes.

"Everything's so tiny, Lou," Harry whispers, amazed at how small everything is. How the tiny shoes fit into Louis' palm. "Just like you," he teases his husband lightheartedly and giggles.

"Hey! You know I'm 5'9—" Louis protests, going to open his mouth again as the loud ringtone of Harry's phone sounds. Harry takes the phone out of his jean pocket, seeing the caller ID as the fertility clinic. Harry immediately accepts the call and holds his phone up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Yes, is this Mr.Tomlinson? I'm afraid the clinic has some important news about your bloodwork." The receptionist on the other line tells him.

"Yes, speaking?" Harry asks nervously, his stomach dropping and twisting with a nauseous feeling. Something isn't right. He glances over at Louis, waiting for the receptionist to explain further.

Louis can tell by the concern on Harry's face that something is wrong. He sets the shoes down and walks back over to Harry, rubbing his back.

"I'm afraid that the pregnancy hormone levels in your blood are under 5. I'm sorry, but the embryos didn't take, you're not pregnant," the receptionist tells him in a sad but calm tone.

"Oh...thank you," Harry whispers and hangs up. He feels a stinging to his nose, his vision getting blurry with tears. His whole body feels numb. "I—I'm not pregnant," he stutters out.

"Oh Haz," Louis whispers and hugs him close just as Harry's knees give out. Harry sobs, a few people in the shop looking their way curiously.

"It's okay, it's alright." Louis' said softly, trying to calm Harry down.

"Come on, lets go," Louis' says softly into Harry's ear and helps him out of the shop and into their car again. They stay in the parking lot, Louis rubbing Harry's shoulder and back, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.