Chapter 3

Harry's leg shakes in anxiety, and Louis rubs small circles into his thigh with the pad of his thumb to calm him.

"Harry Tomlinson," the nurse calls out into the waiting room. Harry instantly stands up, feeling a little wobbly on his feet. He holds onto Louis bicep as they walk back to an examination room.

"You can sit up here," the nurse smiles sweetly at him and pats the examination table, a chair next to it for Louis. "So you're here today to talk about fertility options, correct?" she asks as she types on the computer on the doctor's desk.

"That's correct," Harry says nervously and nods, his voice wavering. He's so nervous. What if they can't have kids? What if something is wrong with them? That is Harry's worst fear. The nurse takes Harry's blood pressure and types it into Harry's file.

"The doctor will be in shortly," she smiles and shuts the door behind them. Harry leans back on the examination table and lets out a breath. He reaches down for Louis hand and squeezes it softly.

"Everything will be fine," Harry says, trying to convince himself.

"It will be," Louis assures him and softly moves a few stray curls from Harry's forehead, trying to calm him. Louis knows Harry gets a bit anxious at the doctor's, after everything they have been through and being told they weren't pregnant time and time again. The door swings open to the exam room and they both look up, seeing their doctor.

"Harry, Louis, what can I do for you?" the doctor asks as he sits down at his desk, looking over Harry's chart, seeing how their recent attempts failed.

"You told us last time that there were other options than conceiving naturally. We were just wondering what they were," Louis speaks up for them. The doctor nods.

"There are. We can put the sperm directly inside of your uterus and see if the pregnancy will take. In Harry's case I think IVF, In-Vitro Fertilization, will be the most effective. There are risks with this procedure so I will let you have time to think it over," he says, handing Louis a pamphlet.

"I want to do it," Harry says quickly, looking over at his husband and then back at the doctor. Harry had been researching a lot and he knew about the risks of IVF already. Any procedure had risks.

"Haz, we have time to think it over..." Louis says and places his hand on Harry's knee again.

"I want to do it. This is the best chance we have for having a baby," Harry says stubbornly. "I don't care about the risks, I want a child. I want to start a family with you, Lou," he says softly and takes Louis' hand in his. Louis bites his lip and nods, kissing Harry's lips gently.

"We'll do it," Louis agrees and looks back up at the doctor.