Chapter 5

Harry whimpers and grips the sheets in his fists. "I forgot how much that hurt," he hisses as Louis pulls the needle from his bum. His bum stings even worse than the shots two weeks ago, but luckily it subsides quickly. Harry flops down in the bed on his stomach. That was the trigger shot, to get the eggs ready for ovulation. Tomorrow is the day Louis will drop off his sample at the lab and Harry would get his egg retrieval procedure.

"I'm sorry baby, it will all be worth it," Louis reminds him softly and discards the needle before laying down on the bed with Harry. Harry sighs in contentment as Louis starts to rub his lower back.

"I know...but I'm scared, Lou," Harry says softly. There is so much that can go wrong tomorrow during his procedure. It will only take about an hour to do the procedure and recover, but it is very delicate work; the surgeons are hoping to harvest as many eggs as they can.

"It will be alright, love, the surgeons know what they're doing. They've done this a billion times, I bet," Louis tries to reassure Harry. "You'll be fine," he promises. Harry knows Louis is right, that everything will be fine, and that if this is what they have to do for a baby then Harry will do it, even if it does hurt a little. But he's still nervous.

"It will be over and done with before you know it. It's a quick process, and I'll be with you almost the whole time," Louis says and kisses Harry's cheek. Louis wants to be there the whole time, but he can't be in the procedure room with Harry when he's having the egg retrieval done.

"You're the best husband," Harry smiles and rolls on his side to pecks Louis' lips, feeling so grateful to have Louis in his life.

"No, you are." Louis smiles and pecks Harry's lips. He sets his hand on Harry's belly, rubbing softly in small circles.

"There's going to be a baby in here." Louis whispers. "You're going to be even more beautiful with that pregnancy glow. My two babies," Louis says softly and nuzzles their noses together. Harry hums and pecks Louis lips.

-----

"I love you," Harry whispers as he's laid down on the procedure table, looking up at Louis before his husband has to leave the room for the procedure.

"I love you too, Haz, remember that everything will be fine. I'll see you in an hour," Louis says and leans down to pecks Harry's lips gently.

"Mr.Tomlinson, it's time to go now, the procedure will be starting soon," a nurse tells them and then walks away to get the equipment set up. As Louis stands up straight and goes to walk out of the room, Harry tightens his grip on Louis hand.

"Wait.." Harry begs, letting out a sigh. He's anxious; he knows the risks to the procedure, but what if the doctors can't find any eggs or get enough of them? Harry knows the doctors needed fifteen healthy eggs to be successful. "One more kiss?" he smiles at his husband.

"Of course," Louis chuckles and moves closer to Harry again, leaning down and giving him one last kiss. Harry kisses him back, smirking when they pull away.

"I took some photos and a few videos on your phone," he whispers into Louis' ear. "They're a few weeks old but...I think you'll still enjoy them," Harry says and bites his bottom lip. He can hear Louis' breath hitch. "Go have fun, I'll be here," Harry winks at Louis, who is going to donate his sperm just a few rooms over. Harry can't help but notice the bulge in Louis' pants as the nurse escorts Louis out of the procedure room.

Soon a local anesthetic and sedative runs through Harry's veins. The nurses told him he could watch the egg retrieval on the ultrasound monitor. The actual procedure is quick, only 15 minutes, and Harry felt no pain or discomfort during it . He started to sober up from the sedation and anesthesia in the recovery room. After the medication wears off, though, he starts to feel some abdominal cramping.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" Louis asks, walking over to him and holding his hand. "You did so great baby."

"Mhm, I just want to go home," Harry whines as Louis fixes his hair.

"We will baby, we will. Just a few more minutes. The nurses have to make sure your okay first," Louis explains, knowing Harry is still probably a bit drugged.

"Did they tell you how many they retrieved?" Harry asks anxiously, watching as Louis sits down beside the bed he is laid down on.

"The doctors have eight mature, healthy eggs," Louis tells his husband.

"Oh.." Harry says softly, a bit disappointed. He thought he would have more, and couldn't help the tears that started to form at his failure yet again.

"Oh Haz," Louis whispers and moves closer to him. "It's okay," Louis adds softly, rubbing Harry's arm and wiping away the few tears that fall.

"Harry, how are you doing? Oh.." the nurse says and looks at them concerned. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Louis mouths back to her that Harry is upset about his egg count.

"Harry, the eggs are being fertilized in the lab right now. You should still have a good amount of embryos to implant. You should have a healthy baby," she says and rubs his arm lightly, smiling at them both.

"You're all ready to go home now. Let me go get a wheelchair," the nurse says and walks out of the room and down the hall.

"See, everything will work out, babe. There's still a good chance you will get pregnant," Louis assures Harry.

"You're right. I just thought I would have more," Harry explains. The nurse comes back quickly and Harry lets the nurse and Louis help him into the wheelchair and wheel him out to their parked car.

Louis opens the passenger seat door and they slowly help Harry in. Louis thanks the nurse as he helps Harry with his seatbelt before going around to the driver's side and getting in.

"So, did you like the pictures and videos I took?" Harry smirks and lays his head back against the headrest, watching Louis.

Louis licked over his lips as he started to drive home with Harry. "Of course I did. You in those pretty pink panties and my football jersey—"