Chapter 5: I Breathe Underwater

A/N sorry for the short chapter last time. I was in a hurry to take a nap. I also had writers block from being tired. Don't be afraid to comment. 

Taylor's P.O.V

By the time Leo stops telling his cheesy jokes to me it's lunch time. We both agree that we should go separate ways back. I give him a little kiss on the cheek. "Goodbye Leo" I breathe into his ear. I go left and he goes right.

When I get to the dining pavilion I see Percy taking glances at me. I smile every time I catch him smiling at me.

When lunch is over I head over to the beach. When I get here I wait about 5 minutes and then Percy finally gets there.

He ushers me into the ocean. I hold my breath as he guides me farther away from the beach. I open my eyes slowly and carefully. I wanted to make sure I didn't get salt in my eyes and so I didn't inhale water. 

"It's ok. You can open your eyes now. And you CAN breathe." Percy says clearly. He must have caught me looking. I fully open my eyes. I take my index finger and slowly trace Percy's muscle lines. He smiles in the process as I go farther down.

I laugh and gaze into his eyes. I put on my best worries look. "But Percy what about Annabeth?" I say with "worriedness". "Annabeth can wait. It's just you and me right now." Then suddenly I get a blast from the past.

*******************************Blast From the Past***********************************************

I'm 10 years old and I'm with my Auntie Aphrodite. I'm usually always with her because she's one of the gods Zeus doesn't see very often. 

"Ok Tay it's time for the cheaters lesson." She says softly. I squeal softly with joy. "Now the first rule of cheating is that you have to play innocent. Pretend to be worried about something." I practice with her.

"Go-" she gets interrupted. "Tay time to go see Uncle Aries." My mother Hera yells to me. Auntie must have a date with a mortal. 

I run over to mom with delight. I wave a goodbye to Auntie. She smiles gently to me. Hera takes me by the hand and softly leads me away.

"What was your lesson today Tay?" She questions. "Well today Auntie said I HAD to learn how to cheat o-" we stop walking which mom NEVER does.

 "Listen to me Sweetie. Cheating is NEVER ok. That is what Auntie is supposed to do being the love goddess and all. But it doesn't mean that it's right. Family is the most important thing. Now do you swear on River Styx to never cheat on a boy?"

I nod "I promise mummy." And with that note we walk away to see Uncle Aries for my fighting lesson.

*******Back With Percy*************

I shake away the memory. It's ok this one time. I send a silent prayer to Aphrodite not to tell mom. "Are you ok with time Percy?" I ask as I start to kiss him. "Oh ya. It's fine." He replies.

 And with that note were having a make out session at the bottom of the beautiful ocean.