chapter 1

Y/n's P.O.V

I was siting in the window ledge in the bedroom that I share with Fishlegs. I was carving patterns into my bow looking at the sunset, while Fishlegs was studying the book of dragons. I swear he's read that loads of times.

I like to watch the sunset. It's peaceful and its reflection beams off the ocean as well as the orange coloured sky. That is the only upside with living on Berk, we get amazing sunsets.

I saw a black thing in the air flying, oh god. It's a dragon. That is the downside of living in berk. Dragons. They always invade us. Why can't they invade Outcast island instead?

"Err....Fishlegs" I said

"Not now Y/N. I'm reading" he said. I got down from the ledge that I was perched on and stood before him.

"It's important though" I whined.

"How important?" He asked.

"Very" I stalled.

"Is it a matter of life and death?" He asked.

"Yeah......probably" I said. He sighed, closing his book.

"What is it?" He asked clearly annoyed.

"There are dragons flying towards berk" I answered, under dramatically. 

"What?" he asked, rushing towards the window and looking out.

"C'mon, we need to do our job" I said.

We ran downstairs and ran past our parents before they could ask what we're doing.

We met up with the other teens and walked together towards the buckets of water picking one up. By now there were dragons on roofs and adults fighting them while screaming. We walked around in a group putting out the various fires that were set by the dragons.

Suddenly a dragon shot at the ground behind us which caused a massive explosion. We ran past the blacksmith and saw the Chief's son Hiccup staring at us.

..............

About an hour later the dragons were gone. Everything was wrecked all thanks to Hiccup. The Chief must be so embarrassed to have a son like him.

I was perched on a rock with Astrid, taking in the damage that hiccup caused. He walked past with Gobber and we mocked him, I laughed along with them. Astrid glared at me, which made me stop. Snotlout however was still laughing so Astrid hit him.

Fishlegs and I walked back home and opened the door. We sat down by the table and saw our dad walking towards us.

"Fishlegs, Y/N. I'd like to talk to you" he informed us, taking a seat opposite us.

"What is it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"In a few days I will be gone with the chief to find dragon island and to put an end to all of this. I signed both of you up to dragon training, where you will learn how to fight dragons" he announced.

"YEAH!!" I cheered, shooting up from my chair, skipping around the cramped room in delight.

"Now I know how I will die" Fishlegs muttered

"You start tomorrow. Now get some sleep, you have a busy day ahead of you" he ordered, before walking towards the fire pit.

We walked to our rooms and I climbed onto my wooden bed and drifted off to sleep. I can't wait for tomorrow.