Chapter 6

Y/n's P.O.V

Something's going on. I was walking around and now everyone is bringing catapults to the boats. There were little kids waving farewell to the Vikings who are sailing off to sea.

Lastly, Hiccup's dragon was lowered into the boat and was chained up and muzzled with a weight on his neck. He looks very miserable, but exhausted. "Set sail! We head for Helheim's gate" I heard Stoick shout as they left the harbor.

I walked back through the village, as I was walking past. I saw Astrid talking to hiccup. I could have sworn she used to hate his guts. I have a feeling that Berk has changed. I walked towards the blacksmith and stole a dagger and put it in my belt. It might be useful.

I went back to my house and went inside. My mum was gone. She must be helping Stoick, and dad... I have a feeling he's not coming back. I swallowed the dry lump that choked my throat, blinking back the stinging in my eyes.

I walked up to my room and grabbed my bow. I put the quiver around my back and filled it with arrows.I walked out my house and headed towards the forest. I think I need to practice shooting again.

After shooting all my arrows, I collected them and put them back in my quiver.

"Y/n!" I heard Fishlegs shout.

"What?" I groaned, turning to him.

"Come on, let's go to the ring" he said

"Why?" I asked confused

"Hiccup wanted to meet up there. Now come on" he said.

We ran in the direction of the ring. We walked through the entrance and saw the other teens there. Hiccup started to walk towards the cage doors.

"If you're planning on getting eaten. I'd definitely go for the Gronkle" Fishlegs suggested. Hiccup turns towards us again.

"You were wise to seek help from the world's most deadly weapon - its me" Tuffnut said stepping forward, invading Hiccup's personal space.

"Uh"

"I love this plan!" Snotlout said

"I didn't..."

"You're crazy. I like that" Ruffnut said in a creepy tone. The pure fright and disgust that morphed over his face caused me to let out a quiet snicker.

"So. What is the plan?" Astrid asked pulling Ruffnut out of the way with one of her braids.

Hiccup doesn't say anything. He just walks over to one of the doors and opens it. The Monstrous Nightmare comes out. Hiccup puts his hand on its nose and walks back slowly with the dragon walking with him. We all stare amazed at what he doing. Snotlout picks up a sharp stick.

"Uh-uh" Astrid warns, making Snotlout drop it. Hiccup reaches out and grabs Snotlout's trembling hand and brings it towards the dragon.

"Wait! What are you-" Snotlout asked

"Relax. It's okay...its okay" Hiccup says.

Hiccup places Snotlout's hand on the Monstrous Nightmare's nose. Snotlout laughs nervously. Hiccup walks away.

"Where are you going" Snotlout asked, obviously scared. 

"You're going to need something to help you hold on" Hiccup said, pulling a piece of rope out of a box. I looked up and saw the other dragons standing before us. 

"Wait, what do you mean by hold on? " I asked, not completely trusting the boy. He gave a smile that was anything but reassuring.

"Y/N, you're going to need to ride with Fishlegs" Hiccup said helping Astrid onto the Nadder. I climb onto the Gronkle and sit behind Fishlegs. I pulled an annoyed face. Of course I am the one who has to share. Why can't Fishlegs share with someone else? He's the one who is always scared to try new things.