chapter 8

Y/n's P.O.V

*one year later*

"Here?" A viking asked holding a shield up. By the giant wooden Snoggletog tree.

"Yes, yes, nooo, nooo, no, that one a wee bit higher" Gobber replied. The Viking moved up higher in his Gronkle.

"Here?" He asked again.

"There! Ah, that's the spot!" Gobber said.

I was walking around Berk with spike shot. Some kid had a box over their head and pretended to be a Gronkle. They roared at Meatlug and she roared back. Fishlegs thinks she's a boy, but I keep telling him she's a girl. He still won't believe me.

"Attaboy, Meatlug" Fishlegs praised. One day he's going to find out.

"Are you ready, girl?" Astrid asked Stormfly as she threw some shields into the air and Stormfly shot spikes at them and pinned them to the Snoggletog 'tree'.

"Odin's beard, Gobber. Vikings spending the winter holiday with dragons. What would our fathers say?" Stoick stated.

"They'd think we'd lost our minds" Gobber said.

"Hahaha. Well done. Well done, all of you! I've never thought I'd live to see this day. Peace on the island if Berk. This will be the greatest holiday, we've ever seen!" Stoick announced

"What the....?!" Stock said. I looked up and saw dragons flying above in the sky. What is going on?

"What in Thor's name?!" Gobber asked. Spike shit looked at the sky. Some of the other dragons flew into the air.

"Come back. Where are you going" Snotlout asked Hookfang as he was left hanging on the end of a house.

"Meatlug!" Fishlegs shouted for his dragon as she set into the air.

"Where's Hiccup?" Astrid asked.

"No. Don't go. Spikeshot. Don't you dare leave. No!" I ordered Spikeshot as he flew into the air.

"What's the matter. Where are you going?" A Viking asked his dragon as it flew away.

"Nonononono. Don't leave, Stormfly, don't go, please!" Astrid pleaded to Stormfly

"Astrid" Hiccup shouted.

He jumped off toothless. As he did that a crowd of Vikings surrounded hiccup.

"Hiccup. What's going on? Where are they going?" Astrid asked Hiccup.

"Why did they leave?"

"What's happening?"

"Will they ever come back?" a bunch of Vikings asked.

"Stop. Wait!" Hiccup said trying to understand what they're saying.

"Calm down! Give him a chance to speak! Hiccup, where are all of our dragons going?" Stoick asked

"Dad, I don't know" Hiccup said.

Stormfly tries to encourage Toothless to fly away but he can't because of his tail fin.

*in the great hall*

"Where'd they go? Snoggletog is ruined" a Viking claims.

"Its not ruined. We're Vikings! We've been perfectly happy celebrating without dragons for generations! And there's no reason we can't do it again! Now we don't know where they've gone off to. But we have faith that they'll be back soon. Am I right!" Stoick explained.

"You're right, we are Vikings! We are tough!" Gobber said as the bells tied onto his helmet jingled.

".....most of the time" he continued.