chapter 14

Y/n's P.O.V

The two Bewilderbeast's started fighting. It looked cool, but scary at the same time. I do not want to be near either one. Although that is kind of hard, as they are massive.

I looked around shooting any more dragon traps. I glanced up and the grey Bewilderbeast strangled the white one and when it fell, rammed it  in the stomach with its tusks. My eyes widened as chills spread throughout my body. That's not good.

"No!" Astrid shouted.

The new Alpha, turned around facing us and blasted a huge cluster of ice, spiking in each direction. I dodged them and flew around to help the other teens. I blew up loads of traps, until I heard a huge explosive sound, one similar to a plasma blast that Toothless makes. I turned around and flew in its direction. I landed as well as the other teens.

I stood there,shocked, taking in the view.

Toothless had smoke steaming out of his mouth and Stoick was lying down, with Hiccup and Valka, Hiccup's mother i presumed, sitting beside him. Astrid ran to Hiccup's side. Valka rests her head on Stoick's chest; lifted it up looking sad. He's dead. Stoick's dead. My head lowered in sadness.

"No, no, no" Hiccup said.

Toothless sees Hiccup grieving and goes to Stoick's body. His complete persona chnaged as if he broke from control. I looked around as the grey dragon turned away. That must be what Drago meant by being able to control dragons.

"No! Get away from him! Go on, get out of here! Get away!" Hiccup said pushing Toothless away.

"It's not his fault. You know that" Valka said calmly. The Alpha roared and all the dragons flew towards it.

"Spikeshot. No!" I shouted. But he was already gone.

"Good dragons under the control of bad people..." Valka said

"Wait, don't go!" Snotlout shouted as his dragon flew off with the others.

"...do bad things" Valka continued.

I see in the distance Toothless tries to fly. Drago pins him down and rides him.

"Come on! Gather the men and meet me at Berk!" Drago shouted. No. We need to get to Berk, or he will seize control.

"Toothless!" Hiccup shouted getting up.

"No, don't" Valka said holding him back.

Drago and his Bewilderbeast head towards Berk, while his men prepare to sail.

......

Stoick's ship drifts out to sea. Snotlout retrieves two arrows. Gobber hands a bow and arrow to Hiccup during his eulogy for Stoick.

"May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury so that we may hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla and know that you have taken your rightful place at the table of kings. For a great man has fallen, a warrior, a chieftain, a father, a friend" Gobber said  

Hiccup shoots a flaming arrow to light Stoick's ship. The rest of us take aim and follow in suit.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I'm not the chief that you wanted me to be, and I'm not the peace keeper I thought I was. I don't know..." Hiccup said as we wipe our tears.

"You came early into this world, you were such a wee thing. So frail, so fragile, I feared you wouldn't make it. But your father, he never doubted. He always said you would become the strongest of them all, and he was right. You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon. Only you can bring our worlds together. That is who you are, son" Valka comforted. I smiled slightly. Although Stoick was a very stubborn and anger-filled Viking, he was always a compassionate man on the inside.