Chapter 4

Y/N's P.O.V

It was late in the evening and us teens and Gobber were sat together at the top of a watchtower, with a fire pit eating chicken limbs telling numerous stories.

"-and with one twist he took my hands and swallowed it whole, and I saw the look on his face. I was delicious. He must have passed the word, because it wasn't a month before another one took my leg" Gobber said. I rested my head on my palm in interest.

"Isn't it weird to think that your hand was inside a dragon? Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could've killed the dragon from the inside by crushing it's heart or something" Fishlegs suggested. I gave him a side-eye before turning my attention back to Gobber.

"I swear I'm so angry right now. I'll get avenge of your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chop off all the legs of every dragon I fight. With my face" He said looking at Astrid. She rolled her eyes.

"That might work, your face is that terrifying" I mused, a sly smirk itching its way across my lips. His once prideful face fell into one of embarrassment.

"Uh-uh. Its the wings and tails you really want. If it can't fly, it can't get away. A downed dragon, is a dead dragon"Ggobber explained with his mouth full of food. "Alright. I'm off to bed. You should be too, tomorrow we get to the big boys. Slowly, but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare. But who'll win the honer of killing it?" He said before hobbling off.

"Its gonna be me" Tuff says. "Its my destiny. See" he says rolling up his sleeve revealing a red dragon on his arm.

"Your mum let you get a tattoo?" Fishlegs gasped.

"Its not a tattoo, its a birthmark" he corrected. Ruff looked at him with a frown and shoo her head/

"Okay, I've been stuck with you since birth, and that was never there before" Ruffnut stated

"Yes it was, you've just never seen the left side of me until now" he said.

"It wasn't there yesterday. Is it a birthmark or a today-mark?" I asked.

*the next day*

"Today is all about teamwork. Work together and you might survive" Gobber started. "Y/n, you can join in a group of 3 with Astrid and Ruffnut" Gobber instructed me. I nodded walking over to them with my bucket of water.

The doors of the cage opened and green gas spread across the whole arena.

"Now a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other one lights it. Your job is to know which is which" Gobber instructed.

"Razor sharp,serrated teeth that inject venom for pre-digestion. Prefers ambush attack, crushing its victims in its..." Fishlegs muttered in the distance.

"Would you stop that?" Hiccup said tensely.

"If the dragon shows either of its faces, I'm gonna--there!" Snotlout said. I suddenly felt a ton of water fall on us. I let out an annoyed groan.

"Hey!" Astrid shouted. It was Tuffnut and Snotlout.

"Its us idiots!" Ruff said. I gave the boys a glare.

"Your butts are getting bigger, we thought you were a dragon" Tuff said. I turned to Ruff.

"How in Thor's name do you put up with him?" I asked, she looked at me and shrugged clueless.

"Not that there's anything wrong with having a dragon-esque figure" Snotlout said to Astrid, who elbowed Snotlout in the face and Ruffnut punched Tuffnut's throat. I heard a slithering noise.

"Wait!" I said. Everyone fell silent. A tail sweeps out of the fog tripping Astrid, Ruff and I over. Tuff was soon dragged into the fog. All was silent until it was interrupted by the distant sound of screaming as a distressed Tuff appeared and ran past us.

"Oh I'm hurt, I'm very much hurt" Tuff said knocking Fishlegs over.

"Chances of survival are dwindling into single digits now" Fishlegs said worridly.

"Look out!" Hiccup said as one of the heads came out. Fishlegs threw the water at it and it let out a small amount of gas.

"Oh. Wrong head!" He says. It sprays gas everywhere and Fishlegs runs off in panic.

"Fishlegs!" Gobber shouted. Sparks flash behind the smoke and the other head appears.

"Now Hiccup" Gobber orders. He throws the water towards the dragon's head, but it arcs and misses. The dragon grins.

"Oh, come on" hiccup groans.

"Run Hiccup!" Gobber commands covering his eyes. "Hiccup!" Gobber shouts again.

I watch as the Zippleback sniffs Hiccup and hesitates, it starts to retreat. What's going on?

"Back, back. Now don't make me tell you again!" He orders. The Zippleback retreats into its cage and hisses. How is he doing that?

"Yes, that's right. Back into your cage" he says. I see him throw something in the cage, I couldn't see what and slams the door shut. How..?

"Okay! So are we done? Because I've got some things I need to - yep, see you tomorrow" he says before running off.

*later*

We were in the Meade hall. We saw hiccup and made space for him, making Astrid sit alone.

"Hey Hiccup" I greeted with a slight smile.

"What was that? Some kind of trick? What did you do?" Snotlout asked

"Hiccup you're totally going to come in first, there's no question" Tuff said.

And there wasn't. For the first time, I actually believed he'd come first.